30 day tourist visa

Goodwrench708

Nov 1, 2015
I have been living in Santiago for about 6 years now
I frequently travel to the US ...mainly for business before my 30 day limit. I have never overstay my visa

Question

If I travel to Haiti ...at say day 29....and stay a couple days. Then return to RD.... does that count as leaving

Instead of going to the US

Thoughts

How about.... what’s the cheapest way of commuting to PR?

Thanks

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Oh man !!

You are going to die, by a thousand paper cuts, in the crossfire of dr1 civil war.
In the red corner, the "you-are-on-the-verge-of-illegality-and-no-better-than-a-baby-seal-killer-and-you-WILL-go-to-hell" crew, and in the blue corner, the "nothing-matters-just-pay-the-overstay-fee-as-you-leave-as-always-since-nothing-ever-changes-in-the-DR" crew.

Good luck !! Stay safe and take cover !! ;) ;)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Some posters have said you can go to haiti and you're good for another 30 days.

A trip to PR will cost you at least $300.

Until you hear differently, just pay the overstay penalty and don't worry about it.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Question

If I travel to Haiti ...at say day 29....and stay a couple days. Then return to RD.... does that count as leaving

Yes, this counts as leaving and is far less expensive than traveling to the U.S. Moreover, you do not experience the inconveniences of U.S. immigration and customs, not that there is anything wrong with that. :laugh:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've heard of some very long waits at the Haitian border and with all the civil unrest and riots going on there now I wouldn't even consider trying it.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I have been living in Santiago for about 6 years now
I frequently travel to the US ...mainly for business before my 30 day limit. I have never overstay my visa

Question

Thoughts

How about.... what’s the cheapest way of commuting to PR?

Thanks

I did exactly that. Flew from Santo Domingo to Puerto Prince.... returned the same day and did not pay the exit penalty. The exit penalty would have been $2500 DOP...the trip cost me about $600,00usd...now there is economics for you.
Went for work.
Dr1 has a lot of opinions about this matter and just a hint of rehash is paramount to ''Civil War''.
Sush and keep the peace.
Talk about baking cookies.
Russell

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you have to stay overnight in Haiti. exit date and re-entry can't be the same.

That sound logical, but this is the DR.

I did exactly that. Flew from Santo Domingo to Puerto Prince.... returned the same day and did not pay the exit penalty. The exit penalty would have been $2500 DOP...the trip cost me about $600,00usd...now there is economics for you.
Went for work.
Dr1 has a lot of opinions about this matter and just a hint of rehash is paramount to ''Civil War''.
Sush and keep the peace.
Talk about baking cookies.
Russell

You left the country via a flight, and they failed to collect the proper overstay fee? Sounds like Migracion missed an opportunity and made a mistake.