Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rent car scam

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    Also they charged an additional $1 100 on my card as a "precautionary deposit".
    They always charge me this too, but it is reversed when the car is returned. Did you get stuck with one of their crappy Citroens? I’m going to get a smaller car next time to not get stuck with that again. Such an awful car!

Maybe I have better luck with them because I show up at 0400? No one feels like being a jerk quite that early?
    I have my CC insurance (and a printed copy of what and where they cover) and have never had a problem.

2. Likes irsav liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NelleG View Post
    I’ve never had that problem with Sixt there. I’ve had it with every other rental agency except them.
    What do you consider to be "that problem"? It is beginning to sound as if Sixt did not refuse the CC coverage for the CDW but did in fact Does Not allow the CC coverage as a replacement for their mandatory supplemental liability insurance.

Will repeat what is in the contract every Sixt renter signs and agree to the terms and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    This is what I read on SIXT website listed in their rental agreement.

Liability coverage/Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
    If Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) is purchased the renter is protected against claims made by a third party for -bodily injury- and/or property damage sustained as a result of an accident while operating a rental vehicle.

This SL coverage provides the renter third-party liability protection up to a limit of 1.000.000 USD per accident. The purchase of Supplemental Third Party Liability Coverage is required by Sixt Dominican Republic for all rentals.

Supplemental Liability (SL) benefits will be void if vehicle driven by an unauthorized driver, diving outside the terms and conditions of the rental, driving recklessly or driving under the influence of substances or generally impaired, Other restrictions and exclusions may apply.

Supplemental Liability (SL) benefits will be void if vehicle driven by an unauthorized driver, driving outside the terms and conditions of the rental, driving recklessly or driving under the influence of substances or generally impaired. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never been forced to buy any supplemental insurance from Sixt, regardless of what the contract says. That’s why I go back to them. Budget made me buy insurance but not Sixt. Didn’t even mention it last time.

5. Likes irsav liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NelleG View Post
    I have never been forced to buy any supplemental insurance from Sixt, regardless of what the contract says. That’s why I go back to them. Budget made me buy insurance but not Sixt. Didn’t even mention it last time.
    any chance you have a photo of an itemized bill for a rental in la rep dom? might help out the OP.

Please note the itemized bill must be for la rep dom as it appears this requirement is not for all countries.
    Last edited by bigbird; 03-06-2019 at 09:47 PM.

7. Likes irsav liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you consider to be "that problem"? It is beginning to sound as if Sixt did not refuse the CC coverage for the CDW but did in fact Does Not allow the CC coverage as a replacement for their mandatory supplemental liability insurance.

Will repeat what is in the contract every Sixt renter signs and agree to the terms and conditions.
    Dear Big Bird!
    In this case it should be a MUST in the contract. Not OPTIONAL.
    Dear Big Bird!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Big Bird!
    In this case it should be a MUST in the contract. Not OPTIONAL.
    Dear Big Bird!
    all I am going by in what the rental agreement says that each renter signs. if you click the agreement and look at different countries some this supplemental liability is an option but for la rep dom it clearly states that in the DR it is a requirement.

I can see where the confusion would come in as you can actually book the vehicle online without choosing the supplemental but as you found out once you show up you must take the supplemental before they hand over the keys.

they still have their rear end covered because even though your bill says paid in full they still have the option to tap into that $1100 credit card hold they have.

why don't you email main headquarter and get something in writing?

In the portion of the agreement I posted it says..........

The purchase of Supplemental Third Party Liability Coverage is required by Sixt Dominican Republic for all rentals.

Would not you consider that to be a "must"?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

all I am going by in what the rental agreement says that each renter signs. if you click the agreement and look at different countries some this supplemental liability is an option but for la rep dom it clearly states that in the DR it is a requirement.

I can see where the confusion would come in as you can actually book the vehicle online without choosing the supplemental but as you found out once you show up you must take the supplemental before they hand over the keys.

they still have their rear end covered because even though your bill says paid in full they still have the option to tap into that $1100 credit card hold they have.

why don't you email main headquarter and get something in writing?

In the portion of the agreement I posted it says..........

The purchase of Supplemental Third Party Liability Coverage is required by Sixt Dominican Republic for all rentals.

Would not you consider that to be a "must"?
    No! The "must" will be extra $13/day in price IN THE CONTRACT. That no one in her right mind would ever agree to and pay for.

Let my Bank decide on my dispute after I return them their car. By phone my Bank told me that it was a clear case of the BREACH OF CONTRACT.
    Other option I was told - to sue their HQ in USA in the small claims court for $3000. If I win this money - I will rent only from them. And sue for $3000 each time. I think it will be honest, fair and responsible. And both me and Sixt will be happy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

but if they tell you you must "purchase" the supplemental doesn't "purchase" mean you have to pay for it?

if i were you i would have already had an email sent inquiring at main headquarters. I don't know about Sixt but when I had a problem with Alamo the main headquarters in USA had nothing to do with how operations are done in la rep dom.

go to the main source and not dr1 speculators and get some answers in writing............

12. Likes irsav, Russell liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

but if they tell you you must "purchase" the supplemental doesn't "purchase" mean you have to pay for it?

if i were you i would have already had an email sent inquiring at main headquarters. I don't know about Sixt but when I had a problem with Alamo the main headquarters in USA had nothing to do with how operations are done in la rep dom.

go to the main source and not dr1 speculators and get some answers in writing............
    I trust our DR.1 contributors much more!
    And a nice small claims court in Miami never hurts I was told.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I trust our DR.1 contributors much more!
    And a nice small claims court in Miami never hurts I was told.
    you certainly better find out if you can sue DR Sixt in Miami.

you signed the contract agreeing to pay $13 a day. did you not? you could have walked to another rental car counter and rented from another company if you didn't like what Sixt was saying.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast