Post Thanks / Like

Default Banking Question

Hey, I have a question about Banking.

I am working with a startup tour operator, we are looking to use a booking system that accepts credit cards internationally and locally the problem is it uses Stripe which doesnt operate in the DR. Does anyone have expierence with this that could recomend a way around this, for example do I have to open a US bank account then tranfer funds to DR or something along these lines?

or should I just start looking for a different booking system that uses a payment processor friendly with DR?

Thank you!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mindstomedia View Post
    Hey, I have a question about Banking.

I am working with a startup tour operator, we are looking to use a booking system that accepts credit cards internationally and locally the problem is it uses Stripe which doesnt operate in the DR. Does anyone have expierence with this that could recomend a way around this, for example do I have to open a US bank account then tranfer funds to DR or something along these lines?

or should I just start looking for a different booking system that uses a payment processor friendly with DR?

Thank you!
    Maybe you should check both options, here there are 3 companies that process credit cards transactions, Visa Net, Card Net and Azul the newest and belong to Popular Bank.

3. Likes Wishing you well liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

2Checkout should work.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

2checkout prohibited services:
    Travel Services, including Airfare, Cruises, and Car Rentals

Post Thanks / Like

I looked into a company called Trekksoft that doesn't have a problem dealing with companies in the Carribean and sending fund to banks located in Dominican so I will probably go with them. I contacted stripe as well to see if they have any soultions but they are slow to get back to me. Thanks for the replies

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mindstomedia View Post
    I looked into a company called Trekksoft that doesn't have a problem dealing with companies in the Carribean and sending fund to banks located in Dominican so I will probably go with them. I contacted stripe as well to see if they have any soultions but they are slow to get back to me. Thanks for the replies
    Do you have any more info regarding this topic? Thanks in advance