Banking Question

mindstomedia

Mar 6, 2019
Hey, I have a question about Banking.

I am working with a startup tour operator, we are looking to use a booking system that accepts credit cards internationally and locally the problem is it uses Stripe which doesnt operate in the DR. Does anyone have expierence with this that could recomend a way around this, for example do I have to open a US bank account then tranfer funds to DR or something along these lines?

or should I just start looking for a different booking system that uses a payment processor friendly with DR?

Thank you!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Hey, I have a question about Banking.

I am working with a startup tour operator, we are looking to use a booking system that accepts credit cards internationally and locally the problem is it uses Stripe which doesnt operate in the DR. Does anyone have expierence with this that could recomend a way around this, for example do I have to open a US bank account then tranfer funds to DR or something along these lines?

or should I just start looking for a different booking system that uses a payment processor friendly with DR?

Thank you!

Maybe you should check both options, here there are 3 companies that process credit cards transactions, Visa Net, Card Net and Azul the newest and belong to Popular Bank.

mindstomedia

Mar 6, 2019
I looked into a company called Trekksoft that doesn't have a problem dealing with companies in the Carribean and sending fund to banks located in Dominican so I will probably go with them. I contacted stripe as well to see if they have any soultions but they are slow to get back to me. Thanks for the replies :)

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
I looked into a company called Trekksoft that doesn't have a problem dealing with companies in the Carribean and sending fund to banks located in Dominican so I will probably go with them. I contacted stripe as well to see if they have any soultions but they are slow to get back to me. Thanks for the replies :)
Do you have any more info regarding this topic? Thanks in advance