Almond flour

Status
Not open for further replies.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Almost out of almond flour! Where to buy at least a few pounds?
We are on Keto. Losing weight and body fat like crazy.
The more you eat the fattiest pork = the thinner and thinner you are. VVAT !!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Keto works great. I just lost 23 pounds on a keto diet - Atkins. Sorry, but I don't know where you can get almond flour.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Keto works great. I just lost 23 pounds on a keto diet - Atkins. Sorry, but I don't know where you can get almond flour.

OMG !!
Almond pancakes - is the only thing that we can allow with our morning coffee in addition to a huge piece of fried fat pork.
Morning coffee with just a fried/smoked pork without almond pancakes sounds less attractive.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
OMG !!
Almond pancakes - is the only thing that we can allow with our morning coffee in addition to a huge piece of fried fat pork.
Morning coffee with just a fried/smoked pork without almond pancakes sounds less attractive.

I have eggs and bacon. Gotta love a diet that allows bacon!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I have never tried to make Almond Flour but you can make your own if you aren't able to buy it. I wonder if Pricesmart would carry it. We have a Vitamix Blender that should be able to make flour I just haven't tried it before.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Super Pola in Sosua has almond flour for yikes! 350 pesos per pound.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
la sirena, el nacional, bravo, jumbo - all large stores carry it. it will not be with regular flours, you need to check hipster shyt section. bob's red mill costs some 750 pesos per pound. sometimes other brands are available too.

Bluenoser

Feb 26, 2019
la sirena, el nacional, bravo, jumbo - all large stores carry it. it will not be with regular flours, you need to check hipster shyt section. bob's red mill costs some 750 pesos per pound. sometimes other brands are available too.
We found Bob's Red Mill flaxseed meal at La Sirena in PP. Didn't see almond flour, luckily we brought enough with us for our stay.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you don't find almond flour few dominican ecological companies make coconut flour. it's much cheaper and also good for pancakes. you just have to be careful with proportions because it sucks up lots of liquids.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

You can get the same result, but be healthier by getting fruit and veggies.

NelleG

Jan 2, 2018
You can get the same result, but be healthier by getting fruit and veggies.

That’s not what the keto diet is about. Ketogenic diets limit carbohydrates (grains, fruits, and veggies) and therefore insulin responses to foods eaten. It operates on the belief that food has a hormonal effect and not just calories in/calories out.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
That’s not what the keto diet is about. Ketogenic diets limit carbohydrates (grains, fruits, and veggies) and therefore insulin responses to foods eaten. It operates on the belief that food has a hormonal effect and not just calories in/calories out.

We started to lose SERIOUS weight only when we began eating full plates of bacon three times a day.
Most people on Keto just cannot get enough fat.

For pancakes we blended almonds with the goat milk in our stainless steel Vitamix. And then added the coconut flour and 7 eggs and a stick of butter. We eat them with sour cream, cheese and butter. It makes wonders.

Jan 17, 2009
"We started to lose SERIOUS weight only when we began eating full plates of bacon three times a day.
Most people on Keto just cannot get enough fat."

How's your cholesterol? Just curious.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We started to lose SERIOUS weight only when we began eating full plates of bacon three times a day.
Most people on Keto just cannot get enough fat.

For pancakes we blended almonds with the goat milk in our stainless steel Vitamix. And then added the coconut flour and 7 eggs and a stick of butter. We eat them with sour cream, cheese and butter. It makes wonders.

The problem with bacon is not the fats as much as it is the nitrates and salt.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006

Hats off to you.
I do my best to keep the electricity, water and the internet flowing and you eat almond flour.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
"We started to lose SERIOUS weight only when we began eating full plates of bacon three times a day.
Most people on Keto just cannot get enough fat."

How's your cholesterol? Just curious.

normal. cholesterol has no relation to the food that you eat. you may eat 20 egggs a day. without any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.