Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Almond flour

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Almond flour

    Almost out of almond flour! Where to buy at least a few pounds?
    We are on Keto. Losing weight and body fat like crazy.
    The more you eat the fattiest pork = the thinner and thinner you are. VVAT !!

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Keto works great. I just lost 23 pounds on a keto diet - Atkins. Sorry, but I don't know where you can get almond flour.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Keto works great. I just lost 23 pounds on a keto diet - Atkins. Sorry, but I don't know where you can get almond flour.
    OMG !!
    Almond pancakes - is the only thing that we can allow with our morning coffee in addition to a huge piece of fried fat pork.
    Morning coffee with just a fried/smoked pork without almond pancakes sounds less attractive.

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    OMG !!
    Almond pancakes - is the only thing that we can allow with our morning coffee in addition to a huge piece of fried fat pork.
    Morning coffee with just a fried/smoked pork without almond pancakes sounds less attractive.
    I have eggs and bacon. Gotta love a diet that allows bacon!

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have never tried to make Almond Flour but you can make your own if you aren't able to buy it. I wonder if Pricesmart would carry it. We have a Vitamix Blender that should be able to make flour I just haven't tried it before.

  6. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Super Pola in Sosua has almond flour for yikes! 350 pesos per pound.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    la sirena, el nacional, bravo, jumbo - all large stores carry it. it will not be with regular flours, you need to check hipster shyt section. bob's red mill costs some 750 pesos per pound. sometimes other brands are available too.

  8. Likes irsav liked this post
  9. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    la sirena, el nacional, bravo, jumbo - all large stores carry it. it will not be with regular flours, you need to check hipster shyt section. bob's red mill costs some 750 pesos per pound. sometimes other brands are available too.
    We found Bob's Red Mill flaxseed meal at La Sirena in PP. Didn't see almond flour, luckily we brought enough with us for our stay.

  10. Likes irsav liked this post
  11. #9
    On Probation
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    27,190
    Post Thanks / Like

  12. Likes irsav, Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
  13. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if you don't find almond flour few dominican ecological companies make coconut flour. it's much cheaper and also good for pancakes. you just have to be careful with proportions because it sucks up lots of liquids.

  14. Likes irsav, KyleMackey liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •