LoveInDR new member intro --- Finding Love in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
Hello all, I’m a new member, but I’ve been a long time reader of DR1 for about over a year, and I think I’ve read every article here about Dominicans views on gringos, on relationships, native Dominican women & men, love, marriage here. I’ve been on various other websites, interested in this subject regarding Love in the Dominican Republic as well.

In light of the tragic event of the Dutch man getting setup and killed by his Dominican spouse, and similar criminal incidents the same way, I think the topic Finding Love in The Dominican Republic is very relevant and of interest to foreign men, seeking to find a native Dominicana.
What are my fellow DR1 commenter’s views and opinion on this subject?

Gracias for your feedback!

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
As in anything in life with affairs of the heart be cautious. Especially cautious regarding different cultures and getting married. Marriage is a real legal matter.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hello all, I’m a new member, but I’ve been a long time reader of DR1 for about over a year, and I think I’ve read every article here about Dominicans views on gringos, on relationships, native Dominican women & men, love, marriage here. I’ve been on various other websites, interested in this subject regarding Love in the Dominican Republic as well.

In light of the tragic event of the Dutch man getting setup and killed by his Dominican spouse, and similar criminal incidents the same way, I think the topic Finding Love in The Dominican Republic is very relevant and of interest to foreign men, seeking to find a native Dominicana.
What are my fellow DR1 commenter’s views and opinion on this subject?

Gracias for your feedback!

Do your research.

Plenty of threads on finding love in DR. Read especially on threads about sankies.

Just do a search. Good luck.

Have some tough skin as a few can be very opinionated.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Finding lust in the DR is easy, just get off the plane and make eye contact with the opposite sex, or same, and you'll score sooner than later; finding love(one sided)is easy too and most new to the island can accomplish that on their own. The challenge is establishing a relationship where the "love" is reciprocated and is not based on what financial benefit one party can gain from the other. Anyone will love you if you can "resolver"(resolve, handle, take care of, satisfy)their financial needs and that of their close family members. Having limited experience in finding love in the DR, that's all I can offer. Others on this forum are infinitely more qualified to opine on this topic and you're sure to hear the good , the bad, and the ugly soon enough. My question to you is, why specifically"...a native Dominicana" to find love with?

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
Do your research.

Plenty of threads on finding love in DR. Read especially on threads about sankies.

So I fit well here then, because I'm pretty opinionated myself. jaja What I don't really care about but must tolerate of course, is people that's very cynical, always the negative aspects of particular topics--in this case finding love in the DR. But I'm welcome to read all thoughts and opinions, I'm sure it can be useful, and interesting to me, because I like reading others thought son this topic.

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
As in anything in life with affairs of the heart be cautious. Especially cautious regarding different cultures and getting married. Marriage is a real legal matter.

"As in anything in life with affairs of the heart be cautious."

Words definitely to live by! Thanks!

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
Do your research.

I've read all of it, researched, and as it right now---living it!

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
This subject looking for love in DR is fraught with many issues, what is love, and how do you define it? Virtually any foreign man whatever age, (say 50-80) can find a beautiful young DR girl (18-30) for his one and only true love, is it real? Can it be real? How long will it last (how long can it last), as we age most people need companionship, a true friend, someone to share senior life with, can that be done with a young girl no older than a daughter? What are the common factors that can be truly shared other than lust with such an age gap? Listen, I retired here as a single Canadian guy 4 years ago - now aged 69, I had relationships with several very young girls, although very exciting I knew there was no long term future, just too many differences, culture, habits, tastes, likes, dislikes on and on. I am aware that a relationship based on (by him) having a beautiful young girl pampering his every desire is –well lets be true, fantastic, (and her) enjoying a new lifestyle totally unimaginable can be a win/win situation. – But long term, you tell me based on your life experiences so far?

Through some neighbours, I was introduced to a very nice 52 year old DR business lady (who thank God speaks very good English) my Spanish sucks! We are still together (3 years) as a couple for many reasons other than just sex. If, you are into bars, night clubs etc until the early hours you will meet that type of girl, who may yearn to keep that type of life once together that you do not want anymore, she may miss her own age company and start to go out with “friends” – highlighting the age difference, can you (or do you then want to) keep up? Sure, come here enjoy life – it is fantastic here, make friends, don’t rush into looking for love, you need to understand many things first, there are many pitfalls.

experiences are based in Punta Cana, the demographics have once again changed with the mass arrival of stunning young Venezuelan girls, who according to my neighbour (67 year old Canadian) are very easy to pick up, indeed, he has a different stunning beauty at home every week. Is he happy deep down Hmm, not sure, I think he is still lonely.

Good luck, make sure you understand the emotional differences, against your true needs..

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
Finding lust in the DR is easy, just get off the plane and make eye contact with the opposite sex, or same, and you'll score sooner than later; finding love(one sided)is easy too and most new to the island can accomplish that on their own. The challenge is establishing a relationship where the "love" is reciprocated and is not based on what financial benefit one party can gain from the other. Anyone will love you if you can "resolver"(resolve, handle, take care of, satisfy)their financial needs and that of their close family members. Having limited experience in finding love in the DR, that's all I can offer. Others on this forum are infinitely more qualified to opine on this topic and you're sure to hear the good , the bad, and the ugly soon enough. My question to you is, why specifically"...a native Dominicana" to find love with?

Well to make a long story short, ever since I was in my early 20's in the 90's, I found that I had a affinity for Dominican women. These feeling developed while working at Woolworth in Washington Heights, NYC, known in the 90's, as the mecca for Dominicans to live and work(if possible).

Although, I was interested in Dominicanas, and preferred them than to Puerto Ricans(no disrespect to Puerto Ricans, it's just I personally prefer). Dominicanas offers variety of beauty and skin tone, style and character, that unparalleled anywhere else in the world. The Dominicanas I tried to talk to and date was always taken by their novios. And why wouldn't they be? Be cause I always went for the finest in my opinion and eyes, so they always had novios. And if that wasn't the case, their English was just as limited as my Spanish speaking. Never in my wildest dreams and thoughts at the time I would've thought to find to find a beautiful Dominicana as my very own, as my wife, why not travel to the source, the Dominican Republic? I rememeber I would think of this, but I quickly dismissed notion, for one I never traveled out side the United States at 20, I didn't speak Spanish. (In school I could read Spanish pretty well, just didn't understand what I was reading, and I always found it stupid and unnecessary to have two question marks-- one proper looking one, and one upside question mark at the end of a sentence(wth)!)

So basically my reasoning at the time was if these Dominicanas was hard to find love in NYC, it must be 10xs worse overthere, where I'm surrounded by native Dominican men. Why would a native Dominicana choose an American man, when they have their native Dominican men? When he in some cases might look better than me, and spoke the same language way, way, way
better than me. So ever since that time I've gave up hope of ever dating and mutually falling in love with a beautiful Dominicana---UNTIL a decade or so later---the advent of social media, Forums like DR1, YouTube videos, making it known to the world that Dominican Republic is in fact the go-to place to find a Dominicana wife!...….

Or not? That's why I'm here! lol Your guys and gals thoughts?

2slight, I'm well aware of the lust and getting your lust satisfied to the umpteenth degree, but like I said this once to this special Dominicana I've met and considering as a strong candidate to fall in love with: "In the Dominican Republic it's easier to have sex with 100's of Dominican women, then to fall mutually in love with one."

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
This subject looking for love in DR is fraught with many issues, what is love, and how do you define it? Virtually any foreign man whatever age, (say 50-80) can find a beautiful young DR girl (18-30) for his one and only true love, is it real? Can it be real? How long will it last (how long can it last), as we age most people need companionship, a true friend, someone to share senior life with, can that be done with a young girl no older than a daughter? What are the common factors that can be truly shared other than lust with such an age gap? Listen, I retired here as a single Canadian guy 4 years ago - now aged 69, I had relationships with several very young girls, although very exciting I knew there was no long term future, just too many differences, culture, habits, tastes, likes, dislikes on and on. I am aware that a relationship based on (by him) having a beautiful young girl pampering his every desire is –well lets be true, fantastic, (and her) enjoying a new lifestyle totally unimaginable can be a win/win situation. – But long term, you tell me based on your life experiences so far?

Through some neighbours, I was introduced to a very nice 52 year old DR business lady (who thank God speaks very good English) my Spanish sucks! We are still together (3 years) as a couple for many reasons other than just sex. If, you are into bars, night clubs etc until the early hours you will meet that type of girl, who may yearn to keep that type of life once together that you do not want anymore, she may miss her own age company and start to go out with “friends” – highlighting the age difference, can you (or do you then want to) keep up? Sure, come here enjoy life – it is fantastic here, make friends, don’t rush into looking for love, you need to understand many things first, there are many pitfalls.

experiences are based in Punta Cana, the demographics have once again changed with the mass arrival of stunning young Venezuelan girls, who according to my neighbour (67 year old Canadian) are very easy to pick up, indeed, he has a different stunning beauty at home every week. Is he happy deep down Hmm, not sure, I think he is still lonely.

Good luck, make sure you understand the emotional differences, against your true needs..

Interesting thoughts, Bronxboy! Thanks! I'm taking notes. I would assume you from da Bronx, like me, born and raised! Although, I'm chilling in Brooklyn, with my heart directed to the Dominican Republic airspace.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Why would a native Dominicana choose an American man? For a Visa to the USA. A DR man climbed into the wheel well of an Airliner, not too long ago, heading to Miami. He survived. He got deported back. I would have let him stay for surviving that.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Why would a native Dominicana choose an American man, when they have their native Dominican men? When he in some cases might look better than me, and spoke the same language way, way, way better than me.

"In the Dominican Republic it's easier to have sex with 100's of Dominican women, then to fall mutually in love with one."

There it is ! One of my Dominican friends once told me that “ the heart of a Dominicana realy belongs to a Dominicano “ ...and the gringo is just there until the truth comes out . The only exception, he said , is “where she grew up or has spent a considerable amount of time abroad “ . Make of that what you will .

In finding out if this is true or not ....some rules to live by :
1. If you have more to give than she has .... or more to loose than she has ...probably not worth anything too serious.
2. If you put up with BS.....then you deserve what you put up with ..
3. Sometimes peace of mind is better than that piece of a$$
4. Stay woke! ..when in Rome ... I wouldn’t do anything my Dominican friends would never do .

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
Why would a native Dominicana choose an American man? For a Visa to the USA. A DR man climbed into the wheel well of an Airliner, not too long ago, heading to Miami. He survived. He got deported back. I would have let him stay for surviving that.

My first cynical award response goes to--(drum roll plz) KyleMackey! lol Nah, you right man, that could be one of the factors why she wanted to marry a gringo. But a question arises: What happens when you choose to stay in DR, and don't move back to the States?

And please,(you can, of course lol) don't bring up the end result of what happened unfortunately to the Dutch man. I do think and know those type of murderous intent and situations does happen in the DR, as well here in the US and other places, but I believe those are the extreme and rare, and shouldn't be a deterrent to getting married to a native Dominicana while co-habiting in the DR as well.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
My first cynical award response goes to--(drum roll plz) KyleMackey! lol Nah, you right man, that could be one of the factors why she wanted to marry a gringo. But a question arises: What happens when you choose to stay in DR, and don't move back to the States?

And please,(you can, of course lol) don't bring up the end result of what happened unfortunately to the Dutch man. I do think and know those type of murderous intent and situations does happen in the DR, as well here in the US and other places, but I believe those are the extreme and rare, and shouldn't be a deterrent to getting married to a native Dominicana while co-habiting in the DR as well.

Why did you not marry a Dominican American woman? There are many there in NYC. If you move to DR what is the purpose of getting married? What is the end game? Do you have money, are women attracted to you because you are handsome or you are not handsome? Marriage is a legal matter it isn't love or this or that.

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
There it is ! One of my Dominican friends once told me that “ the heart of a Dominicana realy belongs to a Dominicano “ ...and the gringo is just there until the truth comes out . The only exception, he said , is “where she grew up or has spent a considerable amount of time abroad “ . Make of that what you will .

In finding out if this is true or not ....some rules to live by :
1. If you have more to give than she has .... or more to loose than she has ...probably not worth anything too serious.
2. If you put up with BS.....then you deserve what you put up with ..
3. Sometimes peace of mind is better than that piece of a$$
4. Stay woke! ..when in Rome ... I wouldn’t do anything my Dominican friends would never do .
Buffness, in a all due respect the quote: “ the heart of a Dominicana really belongs to a Dominicano, and the gringo is just there until the truth comes out" . The only exception, he said , is “where...

Buffness, in a all due respect the quote was mentioned by a Dominicano, so of course he he's going to say his women would prefer Dominicans over the foreigner. But I take that input with a grain of salt, because as a whole, it goes without reason that as a whole of Dominican women, of course they would choose and prefer to have their Dominican men--but that reasoning is only based as whole, I like to narrow it down to the individual Dominicana. Although, I'm American, or using the colonizers "legal"(?) term, Afro-American, my feelings are for the most part-- most women are hypergamous by nature.
………………..
The definition of hypergamous is a marriage to someone of higher social standing. An example of a hypergamous marriage is when a farmer's daughter marries a businessman and moves to the city.

Also, I'm a skilled writer, so I have skill set that most native Dominicanos don't have. With that being said, although my Spanish game is not on point of yet, my Whatsapp and Google translate communication skills is top quality, so I know how to reach the heart and mind of my Dominicana, that a Dominicano might never can. Basically what, I'm trying to say, using google translate, I write Spanish better than a typical Dominicano can speak it, if that make sense!?

That's one of the reasons why a Dominican would choose a foreigner over the Dominicano.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Buffness, in a all due respect the quote: “ the heart of a Dominicana really belongs to a Dominicano, and the gringo is just there until the truth comes out" . The only exception, he said , is “where...

Buffness, in a all due respect the quote was mentioned by a Dominicano, so of course he he's going to say his women would prefer Dominicans over the foreigner. But I take that input with a grain of salt, because as a whole, it goes without reason that as a whole of Dominican women, of course they would choose and prefer to have their Dominican men--but that reasoning is only based as whole, I like to narrow it down to the individual Dominicana. Although, I'm American, or using the colonizers "legal"(?) term, Afro-American, my feelings are for the most part-- most women are hypergamous by nature.
………………..
The definition of hypergamous is a marriage to someone of higher social standing. An example of a hypergamous marriage is when a farmer's daughter marries a businessman and moves to the city.

Also, I'm a skilled writer, so I have skill set that most native Dominicanos don't have. With that being said, although my Spanish game is not on point of yet, my Whatsapp and Google translate communication skills is top quality, so I know how to reach the heart and mind of my Dominicana, that a Dominicano might never can. Basically what, I'm trying to say, using google translate, I write Spanish better than a typical Dominicano can speak it, if that make sense!?

That's one of the reasons why a Dominican would choose a foreigner over the Dominicano.

Actually not true. USA was not a colonizer, it was a colony. AA was chosen as a term by black Americans. I think you have a colorism fetish.

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
Why did you not marry a Dominican American woman? There are many there in NYC. If you move to DR what is the purpose of getting married? What is the end game? Do you have money, are women attracted to you because you are handsome or you are not handsome? Marriage is a legal matter it isn't love or this or that.

The fact you added at the end of Dominican-"American" is the main reason. Besides after being born and living in NYC my entire life here---- an exotic fantasy island surrounded by the most beautiful women on this planet Earth, and the offerings of a different environment all together--- is a harkening, welcomed change for my soul. I'm not rich, but I'm always striving to be comfortable. Has for the looks department, I'm ok, the Dominicanas, I seem to have met online, gives me mucho praise at times, some ask if I'm infact Dominican, because I look it. Marriage is legal matter of course, but say it can't be based on Love, because you're wrong there! True love should be the main reason(although I know in some case it's not) why a couple chooses to be and get married. There nothing better, then when one can say she or her belongs exclusivity to me. If I had my dream Dominicana that I've always wanted and we are married, I'm walking on cloud nine, and guess what--she's mine!

(I know, it rhymes lol)

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The fact you added at the end of Dominican-"American" is the main reason. Besides after being born and living in NYC my entire life here---- an exotic fantasy island surrounded by the most beautiful women on this planet Earth, and the offerings of a different environment all together--- is a harkening, welcomed change for my soul. I'm not rich, but I'm always striving to be comfortable. Has for the looks department, I'm ok, the Dominicanas, I seem to have met online, gives me mucho praise at times, some ask if I'm infact Dominican, because I look it. Marriage is legal matter of course, but say it can't be based on Love, because you're wrong there! True love should be the main reason(although I know in some case it's not) why a couple chooses to be and get married. There nothing better, then when one can say she or her belongs exclusivity to me. If I had my dream Dominicana that I've always wanted and we are married, I'm walking on cloud nine, and guess what--she's mine!

(I know, it rhymes lol)

Not good wedding vows.

Status
Not open for further replies.