Medical Advice needed

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I would like to find reliable high quality medical advice/testing. This is why:
One of my balls has grown enormously in the last month or so. This could be for a variety of reasons, one being cancer. My flight to England is not until June. So can anyone recommend anywhere for tests, perhaps an American hospital? A phone number would be great - of an English speaker. Any smart comments will be treated with thye contempt they deserve.
Thanks

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
HOMS in Santiago, Bournigal in Puerta Plata, Cedimat in Santo Domingo. Go to the emergency rooming any of those. Today. Bring money.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Although scary it is not uncommon and can be easilt treated by a doctor with pills and injection into the butt

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
HOMS in Santiago. Doctor is Caba but I do not have his contact info right now. You can look him up on their on line directory. Speaks English and had training outside of the DR (Spain, US... not sure). He is very good.

Bob K

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The good news is it is likely not cancer - but that doesn't mean it is not serious and the cause could lead to loss of tissue or the testicle.
I had a friend that had to have one of his testicles removed at an early age - he went on to lead a vigours life with plenty of women.
Of course we all said he was half nuts.

Here is an article on possible causes.

https://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_testicles/symptoms.htm

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My uncle had one removed..... not a problem...like your friend

The famous Chinese author.... Wun Hung Lo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I would like to find reliable high quality medical advice/testing. This is why:
One of my balls has grown enormously in the last month or so. This could be for a variety of reasons, one being cancer. My flight to England is not until June. So can anyone recommend anywhere for tests, perhaps an American hospital? A phone number would be great - of an English speaker. Any smart comments will be treated with thye contempt they deserve.
Thanks

If you are in Santo Domingo:

Dr. Pablo Valdez, Clinica Abreu. He is the U.S. Embassy doctor. He's been my GP for over 25 years. Speaks English.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
HOMS in Santiago. Doctor is Caba but I do not have his contact info right now. You can look him up on their on line directory. Speaks English and had training outside of the DR (Spain, US... not sure). He is very good.

Bob K
^^^THIS^^^

For a potential cancer, Dr. Caba is THE guy to go to.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
This could be something very minor and easily treated.
Whoever you decide to see it would be a good idea to do so today.
Sounds like you may have already waited which is a normal reaction but a mistake.

I would get the ball rolling so to speak.
Good luck.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
https://clinicaunionmedica.com/medicos/item/616-nicolas-de-jesus-rodriguez-tejada
https://clinicaunionmedica.com/medicos/item/656-arlini-rodriguez

Father and daughter Urologists in Union Medico. I tried to see the father as he was highly recommended but he was too busy so I was sent to the daughter. She isn't fluent in English but speaks enough to be understood and she is very competent and is also trained in endourology. Did her residency in Spain.

Thanks, I have an appointment to see the father on Monday

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just read your suggestion monfongo...

Pubic area... not a testicle.....
This is a swollen nut -- as I read it

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To the OP:

FYI, BobK is also a doctor of medicine and he knows a thing or two about doctors.
Take his advice.

HB