Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Cabarete: Water Rationing on North Coast

  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    27,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cabarete: Water Rationing on North Coast

    Yesterday it was on the news the the DR is facing critical water shortage and the reservoirs are way down.

    Our development has not had water from CORAAPPLATA since yesterday afternoon.

    So, I just called the Cabarete office of CORAAPPLATA and was told that we are going to receive water every other day. I have a cistern and a pump for such situations and our development requires all homes to have that set up in it's by laws. As long as the water is every other day and power is on, it would not be a major problem for me and those so equipped.

    (Unless of course they forget to turn it back on for days at a time. )

    Is anyone else's water being rationed in Cabarete?

  2. #2
    Moderator parum momenti
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great! The potential for more frequent power outrages due to the Hwy expansion project and now possibly water rationing until the rains return. Well at least out in the country you need a well, so you are not beholden to the water people. Should be an interesting summer.

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cabarete: Water Rationing on North Coast

    Yes. Also in Cabarete, we were told yesterday that we will have 31 hours with water, then 17 without, until further notice. Don’t ask why such odd hours, no clue.
    Should be fine if there’s enough water flow in those 31 hours to fill the cistern.

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jeeeez 31 hours of water !!

    I get that a month, and we are the lucky ones...... well OK, slight exaggeration, normaly we get 2 hours a day, but these last months it is every 2 days with the lack of rain and all.
    Lots of folks get water one day a week.......

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Jeeeez 31 hours of water !!

    I get that a month, and we are the lucky ones...... well OK, slight exaggeration, normaly we get 2 hours a day, but these last months it is every 2 days with the lack of rain and all.
    Lots of folks get water one day a week.......
    I’m located in an area that probably benefits from being the main tourist/hotel area of Cabarete.
    We generally have 24/7 power and may receive a more generous supply of water than some outlying areas.

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    27,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFA123 View Post
    Yes. Also in Cabarete, we were told yesterday that we will have 31 hours with water, then 17 without, until further notice. Don’t ask why such odd hours, no clue.
    Should be fine if there’s enough water flow in those 31 hours to fill the cistern.
    At least 31 + 17 = 48 which kind of fits with the every other day scenario they told me, adding the additional detail of the rather unusual timing on the 2 day cycle.

    And of course, we are already off for longer than 17 hours... So keep "Dominican Time" in mind.

  7. Likes drstock liked this post
  8. #7
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    NC is going through another drought. and el niño is supposed to bring more dry weather. probably a good time to contemplate better water arrangements like a bigger cistern or a well.

    North Coast Moderator

  9. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Yesterday it was on the news the the DR is facing critical water shortage and the reservoirs are way down.

    Our development has not had water from CORAAPPLATA since yesterday afternoon.

    So, I just called the Cabarete office of CORAAPPLATA and was told that we are going to receive water every other day. I have a cistern and a pump for such situations and our development requires all homes to have that set up in it's by laws. As long as the water is every other day and power is on, it would not be a major problem for me and those so equipped.

    (Unless of course they forget to turn it back on for days at a time. )

    Is anyone else's water being rationed in Cabarete?
    We have water going off in ProCab, Cabarete too. The water company didn't tell me anything, so thanks for letting us know what's going on!

    We have a cistern and tinaco on the roof too, so hopefully we will still have water, even when the power is out at the same time as the water.

  10. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    27,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    NC is going through another drought. and el niño is supposed to bring more dry weather. probably a good time to contemplate better water arrangements like a bigger cistern or a well.
    Well, that's a deep subject.

    January and February were slightly below El Nino temp levels.

    I hope 5,000 gallons is enough to get between the outages until we get some rain.

  11. #10
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We have had no water since November. We have a cistern and the water normally comes once a fortnight which fills up the cistern and is easily enough for 2 weeks until the next delivery. Now we have a little old man who brings a truck of water which fills up around 20% of the cistern - assuming he can find water. Sometimes it even has fish in it. That costs RD$600 and we have it once a week. No sign of any water coming at all in the near future. We live near Moncion dam and that is way down on normal levels as well.

    Matilda


    Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •