hotwater on demand unit needs fixing

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
hi to everyone😁
wanted to know if anyone knows a good and knowledgeable person that can fix my hot water on demand unit... i am from cabrera and going toward sosua in the near future.
pls let me know.
gracias a todos
Royal😎

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
There are only a few parts that can wear out. Provided the heat exchanger isn't cracked and leaking. What's the issue?

It's either the flow sensor, the thermocouple/flame sensor, the igniter or the gas valve if it is not the batteries.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
yeah the second line that u mention it doesn't do that clicking sound ,..ignition probably. but the batteries are good and there is no way of opening the freaking thing from the back...i can't see it, but someon who knows can probably figure it out. Do u know of a place by the way?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
most plumbers or electricians can work on it.

if it's old ... it may be shot
I have replaced 2 of mine in 10 yrs.

Also depends on its exposure --- salty air etc

Easy fixes if the parts still work.... other than that - about $200 for new

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If no clicking and the batteries are good, then it is either the gas valve or the igniter. If you have a multimeter you can call for hot water and test that voltage is reaching the igniter and it is just not sparking in which case you need a new igniter. If no power to the igniter then it is probably the gas valve that is defective.

The above is dependent on the flow sensor telling the gas valve that there is sufficient water flow and its time to ignite.

If installed outside, subjected to sun, humidity, some rain, insects/lizards taking up residence within, if the unit if two or more years old, just replace it. It's more $$$ but in the end a new unit should last longer than the time between this repair and the next necessary repair.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Any flunky can fix this....
don't overthink it people

I have been there a few times
you fix it until you need to replace it.....

and those fixes are simple.... sounds like rocket science...

check the flame capacitor.... ignition sequence... etc

it is 2 DD batteries - think bra size !!

they rot here.....

the batteries not the boobs & bras