Update..Brangus at Nacional

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Terrible for anyone who wants "real beef". Unfortunately for me, I just plain ole forgot to ask for Angus hamburger meat, at the butcher counter the other day. There was some ground meat in a compartment which used to be angus area. (Btw) not much meat at that time. Anyway as I wrote I just "assumed" (wrong to assume anything here...but I had been away for awhile) this must be the angus. I asked for 2 lbs and brought it home. We grilled..It was not good , no beefy taste and it was Not Angus. Even upon opening the pack I should have realized, and it was labeled by Nacional as "ground meat". So while I can intellectually say that this meat Nacional is trying to push to its customers, Brangus, is less $ than the regular horrible quality DR meat, we feel personally if this is all there is (as the song says), this Punta Cana Nacional will lose many consumers who would be willing to maybe buy less of excellent "certified angus" than this very poor imitation unspecified very red, very mushylike ground something.
I just want to make the point of saying that if one knows what they are used to...Nacional Do Not Tinker with known product to make more $. I will not buy here without first asking what it is. Should have known better..forgot. We would rather go for a hamburger fix to Hard Rock where it will be burger we want.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Terrible for anyone who wants "real beef". Unfortunately for me, I just plain ole forgot to ask for Angus hamburger meat, at the butcher counter the other day. There was some ground meat in a compartment which used to be angus area. (Btw) not much meat at that time. Anyway as I wrote I just "assumed" (wrong to assume anything here...but I had been away for awhile) this must be the angus. I asked for 2 lbs and brought it home. We grilled..It was not good , no beefy taste and it was Not Angus. Even upon opening the pack I should have realized, and it was labeled by Nacional as "ground meat". So while I can intellectually say that this meat Nacional is trying to push to its customers, Brangus, is less $ than the regular horrible quality DR meat, we feel personally if this is all there is (as the song says), this Punta Cana Nacional will lose many consumers who would be willing to maybe buy less of excellent "certified angus" than this very poor imitation unspecified very red, very mushylike ground something.
I just want to make the point of saying that if one knows what they are used to...Nacional Do Not Tinker with known product to make more $. I will not buy here without first asking what it is. Should have known better..forgot. We would rather go for a hamburger fix to Hard Rock where it will be burger we want.
It was not Brangus, it was regular ground beef.

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
I must say, the brangus steak that I have tried, although a small sample size, I was not that impressed with.