Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WhatsApp

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WhatsApp

It appears that WhatsApp is widely used in la rep dom. For those who may not know you can have WhatsApp on your pc. You just install WhatsApp for the web and you are good to go. Only thing your phone must be connected to the app. It doesn't work like Voxer for the web where you can actually turn your phone off and still send Voxer messages. I much prefer Voxer but WhatsApp is the DR way to go.

https://web.whatsapp.com/

2. Likes cavok, drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My phone? I don't have a phone. Not a cell phone. Oh well, no What's App for me.

How did SKYPE squander this market with such a head start?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using whatsapp on my computer for about a year now, I love it!!

5. Likes beachcomber liked this post
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Great!

It was always a pain to send photos, videos, etc. that were on my computer to a Whatsapp contact.

Sooooo, much easier now.

Thanks!!!!!!!
    Clown Central

Be Serious

7. Likes beachcomber liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be interesting to know if the connected phone needs to be on the same network or if the phone can be located else where then where the computer is located.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    It would be interesting to know if the connected phone needs to be on the same network or if the phone can be located else where then where the computer is located.
    I can connect my laptop to my neighbor's wi-fi and my cell phone on my own wi-fi and can use WhatsApp on either device at the same time. Don't know if that answers your question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2dlight View Post
    I can connect my laptop to my neighbor's wi-fi and my cell phone on my own wi-fi and can use WhatsApp on either device at the same time. Don't know if that answers your question.
    Yes, it does answer the question.

Next Questions:

I don't use data on my phone, thus when I'm not home, I do not have Whatsapp.

When I come home and connect to my wi-fi or a free wi-fi when away, will my computer get the messages when I return home and turn it on?

Will the phone sync to the computer with messages received when the computer was off and/or I was away from the computer?

PS: I will be trying to test the situations today.
    Last edited by SantiagoDR; 03-13-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post

Will the phone sync to the computer with messages received when the computer was off and/or I was away from the computer?

PS: I will be trying to test the situations today.
    Yes, everything should sync. Occasionally I have to hit the refresh button but that is rare.

Only thing I am not too fond of is if I log onto WhatsApp Web on my desktop and later decide to use my laptop I have to log off on the desktop, scan code on laptop and log back in. A small price to pay for not having to learn how to "two thumb" type.

Everything is so, so much easier.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I use it a lot, especially when I need to write a lot or have a longish "conversation". You can access your archived conversations, do group chats, etc. Basically the same as being on your phone.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    I use it a lot, especially when I need to write a lot or have a longish "conversation". You can access your archived conversations, do group chats, etc. Basically the same as being on your phone.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
    Same here. When I don't have access to the pc my WhatsApp replies are generally short phrases. I learned to type on a typewriter and just can't get the knack of two thumb speed typing.

Before I started using WhatsApp Web I would connect a small portable keyboard to my phone making things a lot easier.

So How You Do That?

Can I connect a keyboard to my Android phone?

1. Connect USB keyboard to Android Device. You can connect a USB Keyboard to an Android device via a USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter, provided that your device is USB OTG-supported. ... Open any app and start typing on the keyboard and the text will start appearing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast