Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WestJet to YYZ

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My return flight Feb 18 to Mar18 with Air Transat Halifax to POP return was $643.00 CDN. But have paid as much as $650.ooUSD for emergency flight to Halifax via Toronto. Usually I fly WJ... but the one time direct flight from Halifax is a treat.
    WJ will charge you in USD if you book from outside Canada. Now if I need a one way flight from POP to Canada I will contact my Travel Agent in Nova Scotia and they do it from there for CDN$.
    Every day has different prices and seasons as well. Peak seasons like now for the Spring Break are quite high. I booked my flight in September 2018 for Monday's flight. I travel 4 to 6 times a year on international flights and try to do so well in advance. Hope nobody is inconvenienced with the 737-MAX800 grounding.
    Russell

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    They usually drop the price to fill the plane.... anything better than an empty seat.

The AZS (Samana) prices were over $1000 - ONE WAY!!!
    I have NEVER seen that on WestJet

So - no --- not just POP prices...
    POP was the cheaper alternative here - again - never seen that before... or rarely but by such a large margin
    Is Westjet somehow affected by the grounding of its Boeing 737 Max jets? I believe they were using them for runs into the Caribbean.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't say for sure - but their website assures flyers that things are normal.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They have 13 737 Max 8 planes. All grounded for at least 3 weeks according to their web site.
    It's up to the manufacturer, airlines, and the government of each country to lift the flight bans.
    When they do I sure hope they are right

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm swearing them off for awhile based on this last experience. It's a bit off -topic but the best deals I've found are last minute with Sunwing. Edmonton-PUJ direct via Cuba, but they drop off the PUJ Resort people first on the way there, and then on the return there's a brief stopover in Cuba to pick up those passengers. $500 return per person, flight only-usually Dec. 21-27 or thereabouts. Catch is that it can only be booked Canada-DR round trip and not vice versa.

I've had bad experiences with AC, WJ, Air Transat, but yet to be sour with Sunwing. Knock on wood.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auryn View Post
    I'm swearing them off for awhile based on this last experience. It's a bit off -topic but the best deals I've found are last minute with Sunwing. Edmonton-PUJ direct via Cuba, but they drop off the PUJ Resort people first on the way there, and then on the return there's a brief stopover in Cuba to pick up those passengers. $500 return per person, flight only-usually Dec. 21-27 or thereabouts. Catch is that it can only be booked Canada-DR round trip and not vice versa.

I've had bad experiences with AC, WJ, Air Transat, but yet to be sour with Sunwing. Knock on wood.
    Thats very good last minute price, I have finger crossed to be lucky, I want to visit Canada and my visa expire 10 days before my vacations start, so will need last minute offer for sure or a lot luck to get cheap flight, otherwise will stay home .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12