Anyone know the name??

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
A friend called today, said they saw the HGTV program House Hunters last night which was in Punta Cana. I guess the couple on the show picked the last complex shown to them, a penthouse (?). Unfortunately the program did not provide the name of the complexes shown as they do in other shows. Did anyone happen to see the show and know the name of the complex?. They said it was about 4 minutes from the beach, had a large pool, etc.. (just like probably 100's of others). Said the buildings were white with a lighter blue trim. If anyone has a idea of which complex it could be they would appreciate any information. They are looking to buy a place and really liked what they saw. They have already talked to a realtor but after seeing the program they liked what they saw. If they could find out the name of the complex then they could go by and see it without the realtor just to get a idea...

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Google HGTV house hunters, find the videos on youtube. Guessing HGTV has done 5-7 episodes on PC over the last 5-10 years? Possible they did name the complex and maybe the friend missed it. Often with the cable package those episodes can be streamed on demand. So they can go back and watch it again.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
No, I guess they replayed it and there was no mention of the name. They would really just like to drive by and take a look before getting the realtor involved. My suggestion to them was to go on a few of the real estate websites for PC and see if they see the complex. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Most of the names are made up and not the real name of the complex. House Hunters and Caribbean Life are totally fake. Great entertainment.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Thanks, they found out who the agent was but I guess when they showed interest in properties they were overwhelmed with all the calls/emails from the agents they contacted. They kind of just wanted to see the area, complex, etc...on their own before asking the agent to show them the unit. Someone thought it was El Sol (?) complex, so who knows. My suggestion to them was to just drive around and see different areas. I myself am very unfamiliar with Punta Cana and the surrounding area. Just thought I would take a chance that someone may have seen the show and knew the complex. :classic:

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Thanks, they found out who the agent was but I guess when they showed interest in properties they were overwhelmed with all the calls/emails from the agents they contacted. They kind of just wanted to see the area, complex, etc...on their own before asking the agent to show them the unit. Someone thought it was El Sol (?) complex, so who knows. My suggestion to them was to just drive around and see different areas. I myself am very unfamiliar with Punta Cana and the surrounding area. Just thought I would take a chance that someone may have seen the show and knew the complex. :classic:

The name of it is Sol Tropical. It is at the El Cortecito corner of the main street through this area of PC/Bavaro.

I will post a link - but it is to the agency where Johanna works. So, it might be deleted by mods as advertising the agency, which is not my intent.

https://www.remaxtropical.com/Sol_Tropical/page_2657045.html

The first one was in Cocotal. I don't know the second one.

I did think it was interesting they did not say the name of any of the three. Nor the real estate agency.

I also bet those people did not pay $180,000 for that unit they supposedly bought. But, as above, HHI does not provide all the details.

I have to laugh - their drone shots now show the garbage on the properties adjacent. Which they never used to show.

Last edited:

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The name of it is Sol Tropical. It is at the El Cortecito corner of the main street through this area of PC/Bavaro.

I will post a link - but it is to the agency where Johanna works. So, it might be deleted by mods as advertising the agency, which is not my intent.

https://www.remaxtropical.com/Sol_Tropical/page_2657045.html

The first one was in Cocotal. I don't know the second one.

I did think it was interesting they did not say the name of any of the three. Nor the real estate agency.

I also bet those people did not pay $180,000 for that unit they supposedly bought. But, as above, HHI does not provide all the details.

I have to laugh - their drone shots now show the garbage on the properties adjacent. Which they never used to show.

Ironically that TV show featured a condo complex, circa 2016, just on the other side of Alemania Ave. the main drag there. It has beach access. I think it is Presidential Beach Suits or something like that.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
Most of the names are made up and not the real name of the complex. House Hunters and Caribbean Life are totally fake. Great entertainment.

I would say they are mostly fake. Totally fake is a bit much. The couple that bought a condo in the same complex as ours was recently featured on Caribbean Life. They did actually buy the condo and they did look at other condos but it was all filmed after the fact. The names of the complexs are changed. Not entirely sure why? To avoid free advertisment I guess or perhaps security concerns?
It was kind of funny to see them on the show as they entered the apartment on a tour looking at the furniture and painting they did after their purchase.

Another friend was on Property Brothers buying and selling (non-DR related) and their set up was mostly fake. They were selling a house. It was fixed up (not by the brother) and they helped sell it but they had already bought another house that was not featured on the show at all.