737 max

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
AA just grounded all Boeing 737 Max also in and out of SDQ. Looks like it's two flights a day SDQ MIA until that's sorted out.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
AA just grounded all Boeing 737 Max also in and out of SDQ. Looks like it's two flights a day SDQ MIA until that's sorted out.

This is not good news for the airlines............ and passengers.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

It was the U.S. Pres. that took the credit to ground them after most of the World already had. (and a little late I might add.) AA has enough planes to cover. The AA AM MIA/POP flight was never advertised as being a year round option and has not shown up during the summer slow season months.

Being a very frequent flyer and having to suffer on the Max 8 that just about no one likes from comfort/working view, mostly the crew; I hope that they find a new home as artificial reefs donated by Boeing and not the traveling public.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Trump made the call. My point was there are two flights a day SDQ MIA until AA can sort it out. I know nothing about POP. I flew in to SDQ on AA 1481 a 737 Max last Wednesday and planned a trip to Miami next week. Monday 18th there's one direct flight as of now departing SDQ 05:46 AM, plus 2,000 USD flights via Panama on the AA website.

Over and out.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

I believe a number of EU countries banned this aircraft yesterday, at least it was in the news... I got a bit concerned as despite of the exact aircraft model, I have always felt more safe and considered Boeing machines better/safer than Airbus. I could be wrong though, I'm no expert, but it felt that Airbus had more accidents, at least in the past.

What I understood in news is that there was an automated feature on the plane which forced the nose down if the air speed fell too much. The pilots were trying to fight against this, but the result was what it was...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It was the U.S. Pres. that took the credit to ground them after most of the World already had. (and a little late I might add.) ...

Trump made the call. ...

Really?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boeing-s-737-max-jets-now-grounded-canada-well-europe-n982811
President Donald Trump announced an emergency order from the Federal Aviation Administration on Wednesday grounding Boeing 737 Max jets in the wake of an Ethiopian Airlines crash Sunday and a Lion Air accident in October that together killed 346 people.

The FAA said it decided to ground the jets after it found that the Ethiopian Airlines aircraft that crashed had a flight pattern very similar to the Lion Air flight.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
My point was (post #1)................ as dv8 pointed out, Dominican airports affected. There's now one or two daily direct flights between SDQ and MIA as opposed to four. I don't really care whether Donald made the call or not.

Done.. over and out.

Last edited:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

AA has 4 flights a day MIA-SDQ and will increase soon to 5, so a lot people is stuck here, they wasnt prepared for this and was trying to not happend, USA was the last country in the world to graund the 737 MAX.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have friends whose flight was cancelled 10 minutes before take off on Tuesday from POP to Arizona . They are now scheduled to go out today from POP.