Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Solutions, Puerto Plata

Post Thanks / Like

Default Auto Solutions, Puerto Plata

Does anyone have any experience with Auto Solutions in Puerto Plata? They sell cars and we just want to know how honest and reliable they are.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Marie View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Auto Solutions in Puerto Plata? They sell cars and we just want to know how honest and reliable they are.
    i am not familiar with them but i am familiar with the auto trade in POP, and i do not have anything positive to say about any of the guys i have dealt with in POP. i hunt for cars for mostly expats, and i have stopped trying to find one in POP. too many tricksters, and the prices are out of whack.

if you need professional help finding a car, you can send me an email to

[email protected]

or call me at 829 546 3624..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Look for cars in Santiago or Moca and if you have good Dominican friends, have them go in and negotiate the car you want, Once deal is made then and only then show your gringo face to finalize deal

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i think this particular agency mostly sells new cars, no?

North Coast Moderator

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    Look for cars in Santiago or Moca and if you have good Dominican friends, have them go in and negotiate the car you want, Once deal is made then and only then show your gringo face to finalize deal
    you left out the most important step...knowing what you are buying. if you think anybody can just mosey on over to Moca and pick out a car, you are severely mistaken.

let me give you a hint...a lot of those Korean cars that run on propane used to be taxicabs in Korea. now a taxi in Korea and a taxi in the DR are two different things. in the DR, a guy buys a car, and uses it as a taxi, and when he is done working for the day, he goes home, and parks the car. in Korea, 3 guys pool their money, and buy a car. each guy gets an 8 hour shift. those cars run 24 hours per day. a 2014 , landed in the DR, will get here with 240,000 kilometers, if not much more. a guy with a laptop hooks up to the ecm computer, and, viola, it has 55,000.

you have to know what you are looking at. buying a used car is not for the faint of heart.

6. Likes sosuamatt, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i think this particular agency mostly sells new cars, no?
    they sell mostly new stuff, but they do have used cars on the lot..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    They, Auto Solutions, are a north coast distributor handling Hyundai for Magna Motors.

Lots of good cars in Santiago and Moca too.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Felix Motors in POP is OK. Most of their cars are direct imports from which you can search Carfax, but they have some local cars too. If you go there ask for Felix (not the owner) - he's a nice guy and seems to be honest.

Gorgon is right - in that there are businesses here that specialize in rolling back mileage - It takes special connectors and sometimes requires you pull out the instrument cluster to get to the quick disconnect connectors in the rear of the panel, but that is not an overly complicated task.

Most Japanese and Korean cars store their mileage in an EEPROM chip soldered to the instrument panel circuit, not the car's main computer. BMW & Mercedes make it the most difficult to change but they can be changed too.

You need a variety of software programs from the car manufacturer or after market software may work for some cars - and a plethora of different connectors which connect to the either the serial or USB port of your laptop.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    I think Felix Motors in POP is OK. Most of their cars are direct imports from which you can search Carfax, but they have some local cars too. If you go there ask for Felix (not the owner) - he's a nice guy and seems to be honest.

Gorgon is right - in that there are businesses here that specialize in rolling back mileage - It takes special connectors and sometimes requires you pull out the instrument cluster to get to the quick disconnect connectors in the rear of the panel, but that is not an overly complicated task.

Most Japanese and Korean cars store their mileage in an EEPROM chip soldered to the instrument panel circuit, not the car's main computer. BMW & Mercedes make it the most difficult to change but they can be changed too.

You need a variety of software programs from the car manufacturer or after market software may work for some cars - and a plethora of different connectors which connect to the either the serial or USB port of your laptop.
    actually, i have come to find that the guys who do not roll back mileage are the exceptions. i have been into almost every dealership between POP, Santiago, Moca, and La Vega...very few are giving true mileages. i can name those who i am sure are giving ALMOST true numbers, but i will not name names. most of the guys selling K5, Y20, N20, and LPI, are a bunch of comedians with the rollbacks..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post

Or you just need a phone, a connection and some good software;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmKkschfvq8

There is no technology currently out there that can prevent odometer fraud...............but there is technology out there that can detect the true mileage on a car and is used by those who buy hundreds of cars weekly and may suspect an odometer has been tampered with.

It is expensive handheld equipment and will not be found on any of the run of the mill $99 OBD scanners available on the internet or at your local auto parts store. It is an indispensable tool for those in the business.

My dealer clients in both the DR and the US use it regularly when a car is brought to them for trade or sale.........and they cannot obtain a Carfax/Autocheck (which also are not foolproof).

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast