Dominican Bites off ICE finger tip.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
So terrible, Dominicans truly are a human stain. This individual was given the opportunity to visit America and took advatnage by staying. This makes it harder for serious Dominicans to obtain and renew their visas. I hope that he ends up in Capatillo working in a call center for 25000 pesos a month.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In part we can blame sanctuary cities for making it easier for would be scofflaws to extend their stay in "our" countries. Maybe if we just levied an exit tax payable when overstayers eventually leave on their own we could save a finger or two...

$25K/year should just about cover it.

PlataSI

Feb 14, 2019
So terrible, Dominicans truly are a human stain. This individual was given the opportunity to visit America and took advatnage by staying. This makes it harder for serious Dominicans to obtain and renew their visas. I hope that he ends up in Capatillo working in a call center for 25000 pesos a month.

I suppose you are staying in DR legally? ;-)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I cannot speak for others, but I have been in the DR legally since 2003 as a full time resident except for a period over the last six months that ended last week where the DR government actually made me wait "120 working days" to "Regularize my Permanent Residency." I was, essentially, screwed over by the DR government. That is all behind me now that I have my latest residency card while being forced to what (as a "tourist") since October of last year until last week.

For others looking to be here legally, the DR government has made it much harder to get residency over time and the requirements are constantly changing for getting residency which causes those in process to start over again. I heard about all of this in DR Migracion last week while listening to others tell stories of the non-transparent and fluidly changing residency process they are forced to go through.

On top of that, the DR government still cannot figure out how to grant 6 month snowbird visas, instead using the ridiculous and flawed exit fee system when someone illegally stays past their 30 day tourist card.

On the other hand, Dominicans in the US are in Sanctuary Cities like Providence, RI by entering on a visitor's visa and remaining and working illegally. Very few get caught. I know people doing this. Perhaps you have heard of plans the current US President has to build a wall which is in a way related to that topic. Perhaps they will eventually find many of those overstaying visitor's visas, who are also working, creating anchor babies, etc and deal with them according to existing laws. The laws are clear and well thought out, but are foiled by the "Sanctuary Cities" themselves.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

actually, that is not the case.

he is a Dominican who is more fortunate than the majority of his compatriots. so, he lives in the USA, and, by his admission, is living large. that inspires him to report to the readership that his fellow Dominicans are pond scum, unable to scale the lofty heights that he has. .

yes..i know. hilarious, yet tragic.

Michi313

Feb 22, 2019
"So terrible, Dominicans truly are a human stain"

What a short sighted and stereotypical comment. One rotten apple does not define all of the nationals of a country.I'm sure we have Europeans, Canadians, Americans, etc that are vile humans but I don't generalize them all this way.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
actually, that is not the case.

he is a Dominican who is more fortunate than the majority of his compatriots. so, he lives in the USA, and, by his admission, is living large. that inspires him to report to the readership that his fellow Dominicans are pond scum, unable to scale the lofty heights that he has. .

yes..i know. hilarious, yet tragic.

Nope, not scaling lofty heights. Just an average dude in both places. That may seem lofty to some here but I am frankly relatively mediocre especially by Santo Domingo standards.

Hard work, and Gods backing can take you places.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Rfp I don’t think you’re Dominican nor where you there when this took place. How can you or I or anyone who hasn’t lived through his situation judge the person or what they did? Desperation cause people to do things that they may not do otherwise. If you haven’t walked a mile in his shoes, then you don’t know and only the ones there can say what he did or didn’t do

"So terrible, Dominicans truly are a human stain"

What a short sighted and stereotypical comment. One rotten apple does not define all of the nationals of a country.I'm sure we have Europeans, Canadians, Americans, etc that are vile humans but I don't generalize them all this way.

From the Scumbag Police (AMET and the PN) to the scumbag DR taxi drivers who NEVER give change because they hope you'll let them keep the bigger bill, I have NEVER encountered outside of the DR what I've encountered in it, and I've travelled all over Latin America, especially in Mexico and Central America prior to visiting the DR in 2008.

I now reside in Colombia, and although Colombia and it's people, being humans, are FAR from perfect, they make the DR and it's people look like Latin America's anus. In Colombia there is great customer service from all businesses, taxi drivers who ALWAYS have change, police and soldiers who are professional, well dressed and behave with courtesy, a populace of extremely polite and cultured people who can read and write their own language instead of butcher it, etc., not to mention a residency system that is so simple to navigate you don't need a lawyer at all.

The DR is like a run down high school about to collapse. Colombia is Yale and Harvard rolled into one.

I lived in the DR for ten years and even got naturalized, and yes...THERE ARE MANY GREAT DOMINICANS who I still and always will keep in contact with. But there are A LOT more who indeed qualify as stains. Just a FACT, like it or not.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
From the Scumbag Police (AMET and the PN) to the scumbag DR taxi drivers who NEVER give change because they hope you'll let them keep the bigger bill, I have NEVER encountered outside of the DR what I've encountered in it, and I've travelled all over Latin America, especially in Mexico and Central America prior to visiting the DR in 2008.

I now reside in Colombia, and although Colombia and it's people, being humans, are FAR from perfect, they make the DR and it's people look like Latin America's anus. In Colombia there is great customer service from all businesses, taxi drivers who ALWAYS have change, police and soldiers who are professional, well dressed and behave with courtesy, a populace of extremely polite and cultured people who can read and write their own language instead of butcher it, etc., not to mention a residency system that is so simple to navigate you don't need a lawyer at all.

The DR is like a run down high school about to collapse. Colombia is Yale and Harvard rolled into one.

I lived in the DR for ten years and even got naturalized, and yes...THERE ARE MANY GREAT DOMINICANS who I still and always will keep in contact with. But there are A LOT more who indeed qualify as stains. Just a FACT, like it or not.

Any Dominican who defends it is a poor scum bag whose parents got them to US illegally and now visit for 2 weeks every 3 years. They vote Dem and live like blacks.

Dominicans of means who still live there hate it but put up with it because of lifestyle, family and business.

I try to blend in to my environment and avoid conversations that identify me as part of this human stain.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Any Dominican who defends it is a poor scum bag whose parents got them to US illegally and now visit for 2 weeks every 3 years. They vote Dem and live like blacks.

Dominicans of means who still live there hate it but put up with it because of lifestyle, family and business.

I try to blend in to my environment and avoid conversations that identify me as part of this human stain.

this is why i do not waste my time posting with any regularity any more. when the mods allow an offensive, ignoramus posting like this to stand, without vigorous rebuke of the author, it speaks volumes...

''live like blacks''? what is that supposed to mean?

oh..pardon me. i forgot. freedom of speech. my bad.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
this is why i do not waste my time posting with any regularity any more. when the mods allow an offensive, ignoramus posting like this to stand, without vigorous rebuke of the author, it speaks volumes...

''live like blacks''? what is that supposed to mean?

oh..pardon me. i forgot. freedom of speech. my bad.

Dominicans are a smaller demographic but have a high percentage of population on public assistance 62 % if i recall correctly. We are worse than the 55 % of African Americans on public assistance.

Both communities continue to slide backwards. Those that do move forward have to move on from the failure of their ethnicity.

I forgot Auntie Maxine is coming to impeach 45 and set up reparations !! You might have to come back to USA to get your $$

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dominicans are a smaller demographic but have a high percentage of population on public assistance 62 % if i recall correctly. We are worse than the 55 % of African Americans on public assistance.

Both communities continue to slide backwards. Those that do move forward have to move on from the failure of their ethnicity.

I forgot Auntie Maxine is coming to impeach 45 and set up reparations !! You might have to come back to USA to get your $$

actually, i did not make my observations as an invitation to you to start a back and forth. i just find your neanderthal observations directed toward black people to be repetitively insulting, and objectionable. i did not request an explanation for how you arrive at your determinations...

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
More nonsense....when will it end...... so many beautiful place here and folks get stuck to their keyboards.............