Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    actually, that is not the case.

    he is a Dominican who is more fortunate than the majority of his compatriots. so, he lives in the USA, and, by his admission, is living large. that inspires him to report to the readership that his fellow Dominicans are pond scum, unable to scale the lofty heights that he has. .

    yes..i know. hilarious, yet tragic.
    Nope, not scaling lofty heights. Just an average dude in both places. That may seem lofty to some here but I am frankly relatively mediocre especially by Santo Domingo standards.

    Hard work, and Gods backing can take you places.

  2. Likes CristoRey liked this post
  3. #12
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rfp I don’t think you’re Dominican nor where you there when this took place. How can you or I or anyone who hasn’t lived through his situation judge the person or what they did? Desperation cause people to do things that they may not do otherwise. If you haven’t walked a mile in his shoes, then you don’t know and only the ones there can say what he did or didn’t do
    Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    So terrible, Dominicans truly are a human stain. This individual was given the opportunity to visit America and took advatnage by staying. This makes it harder for serious Dominicans to obtain and renew their visas. I hope that he ends up in Capatillo working in a call center for 25000 pesos a month.

  4. #13
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michi313 View Post
    "So terrible, Dominicans truly are a human stain"

    What a short sighted and stereotypical comment. One rotten apple does not define all of the nationals of a country.I'm sure we have Europeans, Canadians, Americans, etc that are vile humans but I don't generalize them all this way.
    From the Scumbag Police (AMET and the PN) to the scumbag DR taxi drivers who NEVER give change because they hope you'll let them keep the bigger bill, I have NEVER encountered outside of the DR what I've encountered in it, and I've travelled all over Latin America, especially in Mexico and Central America prior to visiting the DR in 2008.

    I now reside in Colombia, and although Colombia and it's people, being humans, are FAR from perfect, they make the DR and it's people look like Latin America's anus. In Colombia there is great customer service from all businesses, taxi drivers who ALWAYS have change, police and soldiers who are professional, well dressed and behave with courtesy, a populace of extremely polite and cultured people who can read and write their own language instead of butcher it, etc., not to mention a residency system that is so simple to navigate you don't need a lawyer at all.

    The DR is like a run down high school about to collapse. Colombia is Yale and Harvard rolled into one.

    I lived in the DR for ten years and even got naturalized, and yes...THERE ARE MANY GREAT DOMINICANS who I still and always will keep in contact with. But there are A LOT more who indeed qualify as stains. Just a FACT, like it or not.

  5. Likes rfp, jd426, RDKNIGHT, Big liked this post
  6. #14
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sepahunt22 View Post
    From the Scumbag Police (AMET and the PN) to the scumbag DR taxi drivers who NEVER give change because they hope you'll let them keep the bigger bill, I have NEVER encountered outside of the DR what I've encountered in it, and I've travelled all over Latin America, especially in Mexico and Central America prior to visiting the DR in 2008.

    I now reside in Colombia, and although Colombia and it's people, being humans, are FAR from perfect, they make the DR and it's people look like Latin America's anus. In Colombia there is great customer service from all businesses, taxi drivers who ALWAYS have change, police and soldiers who are professional, well dressed and behave with courtesy, a populace of extremely polite and cultured people who can read and write their own language instead of butcher it, etc., not to mention a residency system that is so simple to navigate you don't need a lawyer at all.

    The DR is like a run down high school about to collapse. Colombia is Yale and Harvard rolled into one.

    I lived in the DR for ten years and even got naturalized, and yes...THERE ARE MANY GREAT DOMINICANS who I still and always will keep in contact with. But there are A LOT more who indeed qualify as stains. Just a FACT, like it or not.
    Any Dominican who defends it is a poor scum bag whose parents got them to US illegally and now visit for 2 weeks every 3 years. They vote Dem and live like blacks.

    Dominicans of means who still live there hate it but put up with it because of lifestyle, family and business.

    I try to blend in to my environment and avoid conversations that identify me as part of this human stain.

  7. Likes sepahunt22 liked this post
  8. #15
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    Any Dominican who defends it is a poor scum bag whose parents got them to US illegally and now visit for 2 weeks every 3 years. They vote Dem and live like blacks.

    Dominicans of means who still live there hate it but put up with it because of lifestyle, family and business.

    I try to blend in to my environment and avoid conversations that identify me as part of this human stain.
    this is why i do not waste my time posting with any regularity any more. when the mods allow an offensive, ignoramus posting like this to stand, without vigorous rebuke of the author, it speaks volumes...

    ''live like blacks''? what is that supposed to mean?

    oh..pardon me. i forgot. freedom of speech. my bad.

  9. Dislikes rfp disliked this post
  10. #16
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    this is why i do not waste my time posting with any regularity any more. when the mods allow an offensive, ignoramus posting like this to stand, without vigorous rebuke of the author, it speaks volumes...

    ''live like blacks''? what is that supposed to mean?

    oh..pardon me. i forgot. freedom of speech. my bad.
    Dominicans are a smaller demographic but have a high percentage of population on public assistance 62 % if i recall correctly. We are worse than the 55 % of African Americans on public assistance.

    Both communities continue to slide backwards. Those that do move forward have to move on from the failure of their ethnicity.

    I forgot Auntie Maxine is coming to impeach 45 and set up reparations !! You might have to come back to USA to get your $$

  11. Likes sepahunt22 liked this post
  12. #17
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    Dominicans are a smaller demographic but have a high percentage of population on public assistance 62 % if i recall correctly. We are worse than the 55 % of African Americans on public assistance.

    Both communities continue to slide backwards. Those that do move forward have to move on from the failure of their ethnicity.

    I forgot Auntie Maxine is coming to impeach 45 and set up reparations !! You might have to come back to USA to get your $$
    actually, i did not make my observations as an invitation to you to start a back and forth. i just find your neanderthal observations directed toward black people to be repetitively insulting, and objectionable. i did not request an explanation for how you arrive at your determinations...

  13. #18
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    More nonsense....when will it end...... so many beautiful place here and folks get stuck to their keyboards.............

  14. #19
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    More nonsense....when will it end...... so many beautiful place here and folks get stuck to their keyboards.............
    And on that note, this thread, and the fingertip that started it, are long gone.




    Administrator
    DR1.com

  15. Likes ctrob, NanSanPedro liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •