Police rescue Swiss held captive by Dominican wife for 2 years

Sep 4, 2012
Paradise for some and straigh hell for others....

Internet Translation to English

Dajabón.

-Authorities rescued a Swiss citizen who lived in "inhuman conditions" in Dajabón, he was kidnapped.

After being approached by reporters, the foreigner who was not identified, said that the woman identified as Yovanny had taken away everything.

himself had to be taken on a stretcher directly to an ambulance to be taken to receive medical attention, since they had him in total abandonment and allegedly the money sent by his family from the former

Below is the link to Spanish article:

http://noticialibre.com/2019/03/14/rescatan-ciudadano-suizo-secuestrado-en-dajabon/

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008

Dajabón.

-Authorities rescued a Swiss citizen who lived in "inhuman conditions" in Dajabón, he was kidnapped.

After being approached by reporters, the foreigner who was not identified, said that the woman identified as Yovanny had taken away everything.

himself had to be taken on a stretcher directly to an ambulance to be taken to receive medical attention, since they had him in total abandonment and allegedly the money sent by his family from the former

http://noticialibre.com/2019/03/14/rescatan-ciudadano-suizo-secuestrado-en-dajabon/

There are more stories of straight hell in this country than anyone can imagine.......

The worst part is how poor the legal system is here in general......The lawyers are merely in name supporting a corrupted system....The investigating body for crime and other matters is a complete fabrication.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The authorities on Thurs. rescued a Swiss citizen who for two years was held captivity by his Dominican wife and her son in Dajabón (northwest).

Urs Hinterberguer, 57, said his wife, Kenia Navarro and her son Yovanny Martínez, kept him locked in a small room with little ventilation and a single window in a house in the village Cañongo, Dajabón.

The foreigner accused his partner and her son of having taken everything away from him. He said he has a broken leg and was taken to a clinic in Santo Domingo.

“The money that my family sent me, they used to buy vehicles, luxuries, animals and land, and they gave me food just to keep me alive, and they told me they didn’t kill me because I was worth more alive than dead,” the foreigner said.
https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...s-held-captive-by-dominican-wife-for-2-years/

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=211274408916639&story_fbid=2479984992045558

Did not see NW section so posted in North.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A beautiful #1001 example of "marrying a Dominican".

no, it is not. it is what happens when you come to this country and hitch your wagon to lowlife. there are many people who have married decent partners, and live normal lives. then there are the guys who hook up with girls they meet in brothels, and other such places, and think they have met a princess. then every week there is a new headline...foreigner killed, foreigner beaten, foreigner sequestered, you name it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The reason Cabanas are built is to use them with girls like this, not let them in your life.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The reason Cabanas are built is to use them with girls like this, not let them in your life.

exactly. these types of women should not even know where you live. you take their phone numbers, and when you want them, you call them.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
exactly. these types of women should not even know where you live. you take their phone numbers, and when you want them, you call them.

Aw but Gorgon I have learned so much from Irsav in the 2 threads he is posting in. I'm in awe of his knowledge of the country and its inhabitants, I am learning so much from him Especially the ItibI AND service tax. also his knowledge of the women is phenomenal. I must have been living in a bubble since 92 when I got here.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Aw but Gorgon I have learned so much from Irsav in the 2 threads he is posting in. I'm in awe of his knowledge of the country and its inhabitants, I am learning so much from him Especially the ItibI AND service tax. also his knowledge of the women is phenomenal. I must have been living in a bubble since 92 when I got here.

where has he been all this time? we have some serious catching up to do....

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Wonder what the age difference between these two is? Could be a bit of a trend developing when older foreign men hook up in lopsided relationships. Dead, held captive... sounds like true love to me.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
As I stated in another thread recently.
If ya don't have any real street smarts, you
are going to have a very tough time living in
this country. I know plenty of gringos who live
down here problem free. I also know gringos
living here 10+ years, speak zero Spanish, only
"date" younger women and have more problems than
you or I could ever find solutions for.

Should serve as a warning to people. Life in a developing
country like the Dominican Republic which is full of hustlers
(both male and female) and run by a corrupt mafia...
may not be a good fit for you.

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
As I stated in another thread recently.
If ya don't have any real street smarts, you
are going to have a very tough time living in
this country. I know plenty of gringos who live
down here problem free. I also know gringos
living here 10+ years, speak zero Spanish, only
"date" younger women and have more problems than
you or I could ever find solutions for.

Should serve as a warning to people. Life in a developing
country like the Dominican Republic which is full of hustlers
(both male and female) and run by a corrupt mafia...
may not be a good fit for you.

not everybody was built to leave home. some of these guys i see here in this country should never have left Bumfuk, Idaho. they have no clue what is going on around them. i shiver in embarrassment for them when i witness their atttempts to negotiate life in this country. the fact that some of them survive as long as they do is the mystery for the ages.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Dajabón.

A real life Stephen King novel "Misery". WOW!!!!!!