The fad of braces

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK the fad of boys wearing their pants to their knees and showing their boxers is bad enough (maybe better than Plumber's crack, but that's accidental)

But what's with every other student in DR and half the young ladies under 35 getting fake braces ?

When I was growing up braces were to be avoided at all cost now they are a fashion statement ?

I guess they are better that tattoos

Michi313

Feb 22, 2019
stop it.....with braces if all things? Agree with the above - avid at all costs! Veneers fixed my tooth problems

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
We had a guy, 46 years old in La Vega, in charge of a planta in the Zona Franca who had braces when I arrived and many years later still had them in his mouth. Horrible as he liked to eat the local yoghurt at the offices, talking with his mouth full, of course.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I was never really interested in going out with a girl that had braces. In ANY Country.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
OK the fad of boys wearing their pants to their knees and showing their boxers is bad enough (maybe better than Plumber's crack, but that's accidental)

But what's with every other student in DR and half the young ladies under 35 getting fake braces ?

When I was growing up braces were to be avoided at all cost now they are a fashion statement ?

Have you not noticed that once one Dominican gets something that's different, it starts a fad and others have to follow suit?

Take cars for instance:

The red triangle light on the back bumper, the fake foreign license plates, the flashing tail lights.

And the worse of all, the proliferation of the bright LED lights.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

*Fake* braces?

Fake?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Have you not noticed that once one Dominican gets something that's different, it starts a fad and others have to follow suit?

Take cars for instance:

The red triangle light on the back bumper, the fake foreign license plates, the flashing tail lights.

And the worse of all, the proliferation of the bright LED lights.

i guess you never saw the guys in New York with the ski racks on their cars. none of them had ever seen skis, but they all had them.

and one of the new fads is the yellow stickers on the rear doors which make the car look like it just got off the boat..

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Take cars for instance:

the fake foreign license plates, .

No only fake. I guess about 6 or 7 cars in the RSJ region drive with Belgian plates, they ask me for it and I get them from friends selling their cars.
A Kia ceed or So, grey, a girl.
A Isuzu Trooper white, a plumber.
A black Landcruiser

And some more ... Who cares, they like it.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I was never really interested in going out with a girl that had braces. In ANY Country.

LOL. When I met my wife she had perfect teeth but a week later got braces. And let me not start on the colour/color changes.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
i guess you never saw the guys in New York with the ski racks on their cars. none of them had ever seen skis, but they all had them.

and one of the new fads is the yellow stickers on the rear doors which make the car look like it just got off the boat..

Nope my friend, not new at all. They've been doing that for years.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

I always wondered how so many barrio bunnies could afford braces. I had no idea they were fake!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when i was browsing imgur the other day i saw a post on braces and the affect they had on OP's love/sex life. a chart was provided to illustrate male reactions to the braces. to my surprise the largest percentage of men were getting stiff wood for it. apparently it has something to do with schoolgirl fetish. so maybe ratoncitas de barrio have a point there.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
First thing I noticed in the FB pictures of the recently charged murderess was her braces......

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018

But I'm not dating the owner of a ski rack!