Phone system out

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Luperon had the phone system and internet down for 1 1/2 hours this morning the innternet came back but ran very slow for another hour. Did anyone else have that problem?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro had a large problem, mostly with internet but everything is up and running now.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Luperon had the phone system and internet down for 1 1/2 hours this morning the innternet came back but ran very slow for another hour. Did anyone else have that problem?

Claro told us it was the entire country

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Here in san Pedro only problem with the Internet in fixed lines, and the data service down in Cellphones, I was smalling as Im with VIVA, but service is back to normal since 1 hr ago.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Fiber optics cable was cut between Santiago and Puerto Plata and apparently affected the whole country.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Claro had a large problem, mostly with internet but everything is up and running now.
Seems they still have DNS resolution issues.

I'm still finding some sites are inaccessible, including some mail servers (Earthlink and some GoDaddy's) while others are fine (A2.).

For instance, my Dropbox is currently no joy.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Yes, everything is fine since about 1,5 hours. We lost everything (ADSL, mobile network). We drove next to the Claro tower in POP in hopes that we'd have something (I was working and speaking with someone), but nothing. Then went to Viva, got myself a prepaid simcard with internet... We used to have internet from 2-3 different companies (at the time, Claro+Orange+Viva), but I neglected this recently and learned a valuable lesson today...

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
2e4x1dc.jpg

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Does this mean Claro is not going to reimburse the country for the lost service???

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Claro had a large problem....

When are they not having problems. I have a contract (i know,
without a residency permit its impossible, lol) with these
muppets and the service is bad all the time. On average I have
one of their techs over here at least once a month......
for a cold beer and a good laugh because I'm told its not configured
properly in the area I live in????

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Referring to the photo on the article, I think that's just beyond stupid/idiotic/dangerous/incompentent/etc.../ how the government is carrying out that road work. At the time when our internet went out, I was in a meeting, but I still don't blame Claro at all. In he past, I would probably have, but in this case no. For us, they have provided top-notch service ever since our wiring was redone (not their fault), and in this case I failed to have back-up ISP as I've not needed one...