Auto parts store near Malecon ?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Dear men and women!
Any big auto parts store more or less near Malecon?

Thank you!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Dear men and women!
Any big auto parts store more or less near Malecon?

Thank you!!

What type of problem you have with your vehicle? I thought you had a fairly new car/SUV. Not under warranty?

You posted in the Living Forum so maybe clarify which malecon. POP or STO DGO?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
What type of problem you have with your vehicle? I thought you had a fairly new car/SUV. Not under warranty?

You posted in the Living Forum so maybe clarify which malecon. POP or STO DGO?

No. Older one. In need of some good body/paint care products. To protect against rust in our sea side climate.
SD, sorry.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No. Older one. In need of some good body/paint care products. To protect against rust in our sea side climate.
SD, sorry.

Having lived sea side for years in the Florida Keys I found there is not much you can do to protect cars near the ocean.
A good well sealed garage will help the most.
It is not just cars but even air conditioners have short lives in the salt.
The salt is driven into all the cracks and crevices with the breeze and the car will rust from the inside out.
Newer cars are built with rust resistant metal which helps somewhat.
I bought a Ziebart no rust warranty on one car. After a fight they ended up paying out a lot when the car completely rusted in the rocker panels, hood and even the trunk lid. . The rust worked its way to the outside and was not visible until it broke through the metal.
Living seaside everything rusts.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Interesting ............... How far from the ocean does one need to live where rust isn't such a big problem. One or two blocks or a mile or so?

Sep 4, 2012
OP,

If you want to find anything that is vehicle related - go around the Maximo Gomex cementery block. Everything can be found and purchased at any of the many stores and street vendors around this area.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Interesting ............... How far from the ocean does one need to live where rust isn't such a big problem. One or two blocks or a mile or so?

Five-ten miles. In South Florida we live at the water front too. A true sad story!

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Having lived sea side for years in the Florida Keys I found there is not much you can do to protect cars near the ocean.
A good well sealed garage will help the most.
It is not just cars but even air conditioners have short lives in the salt.
The salt is driven into all the cracks and crevices with the breeze and the car will rust from the inside out.
Newer cars are built with rust resistant metal which helps somewhat.
I bought a Ziebart no rust warranty on one car. After a fight they ended up paying out a lot when the car completely rusted in the rocker panels, hood and even the trunk lid. . The rust worked its way to the outside and was not visible until it broke through the metal.
Living seaside everything rusts.

Our high quality Japanese SUV began with ROOF.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
OP,

If you want to find anything that is vehicle related - go around the Maximo Gomex cementery block. Everything can be found and purchased at any of the many stores and street vendors around this area.

When I lived in the capital and needed car parts I went to the east side, north on Sabana Larga until you hit all the auto parts spots. I always took a Dominican friend to ensure I didn't get the gringo discount.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
When I lived in the capital and needed car parts I went to the east side, north on Sabana Larga until you hit all the auto parts spots. I always took a Dominican friend to ensure I didn't get the gringo discount.[/QUOTE

Thank you! AMOF we do not need parts. We need some grease or liquid or wax to apply all over our perfectly working one owner vehicle to stop the process of corrosion. It was parked for more then two years. And began rusting.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
The main place for auto parts in Santo Domingo is Villa Juana, which is roughly behind Sambil mall. Head up Gomez past the intersection with Kennedy, then make a right and you're in Villa Juana. You will need a Spanish speaker and it's best to take someone like a car mechanic who know's what they are buying. But this is definitely the main place you'll find auto parts in the city.