Where To Get A Puppy in The DR

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
Hi , fellow DR lovers
I was just wondering if anyone knew where you might be able to get a healthy puppy?
Not sure about where to go or how much one might cost, or any recommendations or insight would be appreciated .

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
there are several rescues that have pups DCDR has a facebook page with adoption pictures, there is also a classified page (don't have the link) Bravo in STI sells perro's, not sure of breed.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Where are you located in DR?

We have 5 rescues, but the last dog we purchased was a rottie pup at Perrolandia in Santo Domingo.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Check the DCDR as suggested, but you could also go on Facebook and look for rescue groups in your area. They will have beautiful, healthy, loving dogs with UTD shots and vet checks. I used to bring adopted dogs back to Canada for a DR rescue, and saw the coolest dogs. There was the tiniest, sweetest Chihuahua (and I can't stand small dogs), and a big terrier mix that looked exactly like Sprocket from Fraggle Rock.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Sprocket

He would have started as a hairless, scrawny viralata, but with some attention and care he turned out to be a really unique dog. The street dogs often are, if they ever get the chance.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have 3 little puppies up my hill....Cabrera

The mother is very nice....
If you’re interested ... I’ll ask