Buying a condo. Lawyer?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Is a lawyer needed when buying an existing condo? From a private owner. With the Titulo in hands. In an established Association.

If so, please recommend one in SD-Boca Chica area.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A reputable lawyer is always a good idea when you are purchasing real estate. It's for your own protection.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
A reputable lawyer is always a good idea when you are purchasing real estate. It's for your own protection.

I also think so. For this reason I asked for a referral to a reputable lawyer in our area.

How much it would cost to check the contract papers for a cash purchase?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
You will usually pay more for a competent lawyer with the backing of a law firm than an independent working on their own. Price depends on how many billable hours it takes to perform the duties you assign them and the per hour charge.

Maybe start with Guzman in SD and go from there. The cost of the lawyer will be a very small part of the overall transaction.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's not mandatory to use a lawyer, but it would be very difficult for the average person to file all the correct documents and pay the fees involved. Even more difficult to check for any title defects or liens on the condo. Get a lawyer.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Is a lawyer needed when buying an existing condo? From a private owner. With the Titulo in hands. In an established Association.

If you are going to use GUZMAN ...please remember he doesn't charge third world prices

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
If you are going to use GUZMAN ...please remember he doesn't charge third world prices

Mr. GUZMAN offers the First World quality of service. So, we are more than happy to pay the First World prices.
Does he have an office in Boca Chica?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

You are not in Kansas anymore. DO NOT, make the mistake of buying property WITHOUT hiring a competent attorney for the process. There are many scam artists waiting for someone like you to come along without being familiar with DR laws and procedures. Do you know for certain the title is authentic? BUYER BEWARE!!!

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
You are not in Kansas anymore. DO NOT, make the mistake of buying property WITHOUT hiring a competent attorney for the process. There are many scam artists waiting for someone like you to come along without being familiar with DR laws and procedures. Do you know for certain the title is authentic? BUYER BEWARE!!!

Thank you! I will be double careful!
I know the seller for about 6-7 years. We live in the same association. He is selling one of his two condos in it.
Both the Title and Deslinde are good.
Thank you for taking time and care to reply!

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Thank you! I will be double careful!
I know the seller for about 6-7 years. We live in the same association. He is selling one of his two condos in it.
Both the Title and Deslinde are good.
Thank you for taking time and care to reply!

Yeeezus.... first you don't want to pay taxes on your food. Now you dont want to pay a lawyer to close on a condo. Do you use toilet paper, or just wash your hand??? Lol

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Yeeezus.... first you don't want to pay taxes on your food. Now you dont want to pay a lawyer to close on a condo. Do you use toilet paper, or just wash your hand??? Lol

Without these "18+10" on the bill I leave a normal tip two times more in cash to the waitress.

I use paper on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Other days I try otherwise or else. It is not easy. But doable.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oops Tamborista....

Our friendly poster will be traveling to SDom or La Romana....closest Guzman offices

On the bright side, saver....you may only need papers filed... not full background work/verification.
That will be cheaper....and no tipping allowed in law firms

haha

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017

As always, I suggest the Guzman Ariza firm.