A dominican getting a dominican passport

jwells616

Nov 26, 2018
I can't find any up to date info on this. Can a lifelong dominican resident go and apply for a passport and get it? They have the money, no run ins with the law or any other legal issues.the purpose would be to travel for a couple weeks at a time and come back.
They live around Samana. Is there an office to apply there?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If the person is a citizen of course they can get a passport. I believe the nearest office would be in Nagua or you can go to San Pedro for sure. Not positive about Nagua still being open, but you can check.

But they must be a citizen as Matilda pointed out.

jwells616

Nov 26, 2018
I tried the link. if you press Locate closest office near you you get an error code. Typical

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Nagua – Dirección general de pasaportes
Ave. María Trinidad Sánchez, Esq. Ramón Melo,
Edif. César Parador.
Tel.: 809-584-1277.
Horario: Lunes a viernes a partir de las 8:00 AM hasta las 3:00 PM

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are papers from mother and father regarding birth. Best to call first and ask what is necessary. I assume this person has a Cedula also.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There are papers from mother and father regarding birth. Best to call first and ask what is necessary. I assume this person has a Cedula also.

Requires an Acta de Nacimiento original y legalizado ( junta electoral ) , their Cedula in ( nuevo formato), recibos de pago in the banco reservas 1650 pesos para passport. The birth certificate with legalization will cost around 500 pesos, 300 pesos for the digital photos, which get taken at the passport office. Process is simple.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I applyed to renew my passport in internet, you must have the fallowing papers and scanner.

1.- 1 passport picture with very good quality
2.- 1 Birth certificate legalized (Scanned both sides.)
3.- 1 copy of the Cedula.

I got 10 years passport and cost me 5,310.00 pesos, for 6 years cost regular service 1,650.00 and VIP 2,650.00, you can pay online and pick up the closer office you want to pick up your passport. When they receive all the papers will be sending you an email telling to program an appoiment for finger print capture.

With my aplication I got the passport same day.

here is all the info por online service https://republicadigital.gob.do/servicios-en-linea/

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I applyed to renew my passport in internet, you must have the fallowing papers and scanner.

1.- 1 passport picture with very good quality
2.- 1 Birth certificate legalized (Scanned both sides.)
3.- 1 copy of the Cedula.

I got 10 years passport and cost me 5,310.00 pesos, for 6 years cost regular service 1,650.00 and VIP 2,650.00, you can pay online and pick up the closer office you want to pick up your passport. When they receive all the papers will be sending you an email telling to program an appoiment for finger print capture.

With my aplication I got the passport same day.

here is all the info por online service https://republicadigital.gob.do/servicios-en-linea/
Did the same for my hubby. Easy and painless. We were very much impressed.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Why would you need a scan of your birth certificate to renew your DR Passport? They only ask for your Cedula and old passport when you go to the office yourself.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Why would you need a scan of your birth certificate to renew your DR Passport? They only ask for your Cedula and old passport when you go to the office yourself.

I dont know, but I had to do it, also they asked me to see the birth certificate legalized and payment when I went for finger prints capture and pickup the passport.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think I will stick to the old reliable way. Go to a passport office with payment from BResrvas, Cedula, and old passport.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I think I will stick to the old reliable way. Go to a passport office with payment from BResrvas, Cedula, and old passport.
Hubby originally went without his birth certificate and was told he needed it. His passport hadn't yet expired and only needed to renew. Was a very big pain in the back end to get his birth certificate. Data hadn't been entered correctly when they digitalized them recently, had to drive around to get it corrected before they could issue it several days later.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Before you go to a great deal of trouble there are not many other first world countries that you will be allowed travel with a Dominican passport.
The DR has found that once Domincan citizens set foot in first world countries they do not come back.

If you want to visit Indonesia and the like fine but you will not be going to the US, Canada, Germany, France etc. unless you marry one of their citizens.
No slight intended against Indonesia, I am sure it is a fine place.
Dominicans risk their lives in small boats to get out of here.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hubby originally went without his birth certificate and was told he needed it. His passport hadn't yet expired and only needed to renew. Was a very big pain in the back end to get his birth certificate. Data hadn't been entered correctly when they digitalized them recently, had to drive around to get it corrected before they could issue it several days later.

I last renewed in San Pedro in 2016. No birth certificate, only show my cedula and give them my old passport. Went back in one week to pick up my new passport.

But I am a dual citizen, so maybe a born Dominican needs to show a birth certificate. But why? If you have a passport already does not make sense.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I last renewed in San Pedro in 2016. No birth certificate, only show my cedula and give them my old passport. Went back in one week to pick up my new passport.

But I am a dual citizen, so maybe a born Dominican needs to show a birth certificate. But why? If you have a passport already does not make sense.

Maybe it has changed but you do need a birth certificate now both Dominicans and citizens. No big deal as they can be had from any civil registry for RD$600 I think. https://www.pasaportes.gob.do/index...ion-de-pasaporte-para-adultos-por-vencimiento

Matilda