Cell phone

kdewayne1

Feb 17, 2002
Is there a way to send a cellphone purchased on eBay to Santo Domingo.? Or a similar online site there

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
It's very easy, I and some of my friends done it, just pick a DR shipper convenient for you and keep it under $200 so no tax applies (make sure main seller has free shipping within US or the $200 should be inclusive of the main seller's shipping cost). As far as I know....

You ask the main seller to ship to the DR shipper US address and then they take it over from there and deliver it to you (or their office in DR).

Ah, very important, make sure the cellphone is 100% unlocked from any US company or it won't work in DR.

kdewayne1

Feb 17, 2002
Thank you... The input is greatly appreciated..
Does anyone know of any other freight forwarders??

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I have used BM cargo a few times, they are okay, they just charge ~1.5% (or about) insurance which they don't tell you upfront, but it is not much to complain about - who knows what it covers in case of an incident, but you can opt out....

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It's very easy, I and some of my friends done it, just pick a DR shipper convenient for you and keep it under $200 so no tax applies (make sure main seller has free shipping within US or the $200 should be inclusive of the main seller's shipping cost). As far as I know....

You ask the main seller to ship to the DR shipper US address and then they take it over from there and deliver it to you (or their office in DR).

Ah, very important, make sure the cellphone is 100% unlocked from any US company or it won't work in DR.

I'm curious about the tax. What percentage is it and does it cause any kind of delay? Thanks!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Buy a phone for under $200 US, use EPS and there is no tax. You pay only for EPS shipping. About 250 rd.