Las Terrenas Vibe...

danely18

Feb 22, 2018
I never seem to make it to Las Terrenas but I wonder about one thing...is there a there there? By that i mean is there an area where people congregate at night with restaurants, and bars, and shops, and pizza counters....or whatever; so that there is a semi-central area? By rough comparison, when you arrive in Sosua, you know you are "there", and if you go out in the evening you will be there somewhere. I kind of like that, wherever I go. Conversely, I've been to places where there is no central area, or downtown village, and it's just more of the same sort of thing one after the other, and when you get to your place to stay that's more or less where you will stay....which I tire of quickly.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Definitely. Las Terrenas is similar to Sosua. There is one area in the center of the town near the beach where there are numerous bars and restaurants all in close proximity.

danely18

Feb 22, 2018
That's what I'm talking about...thanks....do you remember the name of the street so I can map it?

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
surprise! Calle Duarte. it's a one way. you make a loop around. there is a cemetery. that's the spot. good French food. excellent bakery.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's what I'm talking about...thanks....do you remember the name of the street so I can map it?

It's right where the main street going into town(Calle Duarte) intersects with the road that parallels and runs along the beach. Pretty much everything is right there in that area all withing walking distance - between Bodega Bar and Gaia Disco and Nightclub.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Definitely. Las Terrenas is similar to Sosua. There is one area in the center of the town near the beach where there are numerous bars and restaurants all in close proximity.

To be accurate this area is not in the center of town. LT is spread out over a large area and the tourist area is at the far end of town next to the beach. You have the "fisherman's village, which is a number of bars and restaurants in a small plaza. Across the street is Gaia Disco. There are also a number of good restaurants on the beach side across from El Paseo Plaza. Have fun and use common sense when partying.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
To be accurate this area is not in the center of town. LT is spread out over a large area and the tourist area is at the far end of town next to the beach. You have the "fisherman's village, which is a number of bars and restaurants in a small plaza. Across the street is Gaia Disco. There are also a number of good restaurants on the beach side across from El Paseo Plaza. Have fun and use common sense when partying.

No, it's not the geographical center of town, but it is in town and it's the center of "action" with a lot of restaurants and bars in close proximity to each other which is what the OP is looking for. It's only a little more that 1/4 mile from Bodega Bar and El Paseo Plaza to Gaia Disco and Club.