SeaFood in Sosua / Cabarete

korejdk_again

Mar 26, 2019
Will be revisiting Sosua area shortly, any recommendations of a restaurant that serve grilled octopus ( greek/mediterranean style), or squid

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know of nowhere on the north coast that does this style. Someone else might, but I have my doubts.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
The closest you get to this is the tall guy going around Sosua beach with a bucket full of squid cuts in lemon juice, onion, and some other seasoning, a bit like a salad, it's not bad if you try it - I only eat it once in a while based on assumption that the acid from lemon juice and some hot sauce I add, kill any nasty bacteria... lol (sensitive stomachs should avoid these stuff, so far no bad experience for me though).

If you notice Dominicans pour a lot of vinegar on their salads, I think it's the same bacteria killing approach....

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Many Italian restaurants owned restaurants like Margot's in Sosua and Tuva in Cabarete will have octopus and be able to prepare it as you wish. Most all Italian restaurants in Sosua & Cabarete have calamari. Arsenio's and Velero have very good calamari appetizers. Yamazato has octopus sushi in various styles.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Many Italian restaurants owned restaurants like Margot's in Sosua and Tuva in Cabarete will have octopus and be able to prepare it as you wish. Most all Italian restaurants in Sosua & Cabarete have calamari. Arsenio's and Velero have very good calamari appetizers. Yamazato has octopus sushi in various styles.

oops! first sentences should be "Many Italian owned restaurants like "...