Santiago Back pain Doctor

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, What would be your recommendation as to a Doctor in Santiago for while walking even a short distance the muscles just above my a** start to tighten up and progresses to intense pain ?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Not being a fan of Doctors I normally try natural means as a cure. I suggest that you get some DMSO and rub that on your back. It is natural (made from wood pulp) and has been used my athletes for decades (also used on race horses).
Good luck!

DesdeSantiago

Mar 17, 2019
Good Morning, What would be your recommendation as to a Doctor in Santiago for while walking even a short distance the muscles just above my a** start to tighten up and progresses to intense pain ?

Good morning. Very tricky to recommend a doctor, there's always a chance for things to wrong, but our orthopedist for years has been Federico Bonnelly, at Unión Médica clinic, we trust him 100%.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Or a chiropractor. Contact AZB here on this forum maybe he can help.

I know that AZB is a very good chiropractor but after a scary bad visit with another chiropractor after a JUDO neck injury no more chiropractors. I have tried everything form back braces, exercises, massage machine and all the medicinal rubs. I need a great Doctor.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
lie on your stomach... turn your feet inward.

do some leg lifts... 10-12 a side
Do girly push-ups... pelvis flat , pushing up torso only.... a stretching...exhale
then torso lifts w/ hands clasped behind your back... 10-12
then - same lift holding your ears.
then roll over to your back... pull knees to chest... exhale

The physiotherapist will give you a variation of this... or this exactly

Been there...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
might be a swollen disc.... then you need rest or surgery...

If disc-- no sitting
If surgery - remember, this is a 60%er... doctors won't do it to each other -
too close to a coin toss....might be worse after
My friend has had several.... still not good

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
You are living in the land of mediocrity. There are some good doctors here but finding them and catching them on a one of their "better" days can hit and miss. Even good doctors are often hindered by the lack of up-to-date medical and diagnostic equipment.

If your diagnosis appears to be serious, you have to consider the possibility that it might be better to seek treatment elsewhere.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Dra. Ysaira Disla Martínez is an anesthesiologist at Clinica Corominas with a good pain clinic. Her hours are in the afternoon, but can shift depensing on surgeries.

Mom CB saw her for back/hip pain and got good results.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You are living in the land of mediocrity. There are some good doctors here but finding them and catching them on a one of their "better" days can hit and miss. Even good doctors are often hindered by the lack of up-to-date medical and diagnostic equipment.

If your diagnosis appears to be serious, you have to consider the possibility that it might be better to seek treatment elsewhere.
You might be suprised at the level of expertise available. https://www.livio.com/directorio/salud/ortopedia/ Check out Dr Lohan Fernandez. One of our students had surgery for a deformed disc several months ago and whule still doing physio the operation seems to be successful.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I know that AZB is a very good chiropractor but after a scary bad visit with another chiropractor after a JUDO neck injury no more chiropractors. I have tried everything form back braces, exercises, massage machine and all the medicinal rubs. I need a great Doctor.

so if you get one bad lawyer, you are done with all lawyers? visit one chinese restaurant that made you sick now you are done with all chinese restaurants? Not fare to chiros who are performing good services to many. This is the problem we have with people, if they didn't like the treatment of one chiropractor, they are done with all of them. Not all chiropractors are clones of each other. every single one has a different style and different approach to specific back problems.
Do yourself a favor and call this new chiropractor in santiago.
Dr. Ferdinand Navarro: clinic: 829 839 2710
He is from Puerto rico and he is located in colina's mall.
Do not expect to get cured after one adjustment, keep an open mind and be patient. we cure cases like yours everyday.
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
so if you get one bad lawyer, you are done with all lawyers? visit one chinese restaurant that made you sick now you are done with all chinese restaurants? Not fare to chiros who are performing good services to many. This is the problem we have with people, if they didn't like the treatment of one chiropractor, they are done with all of them. Not all chiropractors are clones of each other. every single one has a different style and different approach to specific back problems.
Do not expect to get cured after one adjustment, keep an open mind and be patient. we cure cases like yours everyday.
AZB
AZB, as I mentioned to you, I will mention to all:

A chiropractor save my functional life after a serious athletic neck injury that ended my professional career.

MD's wanted to cut and fuse vertebrae, and I knew where that lead. So I opted to go a different route thinking I could always default to surgery if things didn't work out.

It took several months, but it worked. Not enough to play ball again, but enough to not have surgery and walk upright normally pain-free.

Ironically, I was referred to my DC by an MD orthopod who used this chiro.

To this day most if not all pro teams have a chiropractor on staff.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Do a search into TMS and the findings of former New York University rehab center director, Dr. John Sarno. Might be something there that could help you if the medics and alternative medicine lead to a dead end.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

You may have a pinched nerve. If it's lower back pan running into your legs it may be the Sciatic nerve. I had this problem from over doing physical activity. What helps is rest, stretching exercises and taking Ibuprofen to reduce swelling and control pain. Also a good massage would help loosen the muscles and stimulate blood flow in the lower back area. I would try to find a Doctor associated with Physical Therapy to help heal the problem. You might also have a compressed disc in your spinal cord. Stretching and back related exercises will also help this. I am not a Doctor but I play one on DR1. Hope you find some relief. If you have to do physical activity take around 4 Ibuprofen about 30 minutes prior and this will help manage the pain.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
AZB

When I got back from the DR - after suffering for 2 years from Chikungunya and just SITTING at my desk - my back was seriously compromised... (old riding accident) and I could barely walk.

NOTHING BUT A CHIROPRACTOR for me!!

I would not even consider taking a back issue to an MD - until and unless I had first seen a DC -

After two years of treatment -at first 3x a week - then down to 2x a month - now every 3 months - I have no more pain.

It does take a while to get the spine back into alignment after it has "slipped out" (obviously not proper term) - when I first got here, it used to "seize" and I would not be able to walk - half-way around Walmart's and I would have to ask them to bring me one of those electric chairs... Not any more.

Can not recommend then enough.

There was a new clinic that had just opened in Gazcue right before I left - do not remember the name but was a franchise operation operated by a very reputable US firm. Glad to see that Chiropractic is taking hold down in the DR.