Altice Down

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
This morning I had no internet. I went down to del Sol and asked what was up and they said the red was down. My spanish is not too hot so does anyone know what is happening.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
My internet down from 6am to 8pm. It is back now, but a tad unstable. Luckily I have a Claro banda ancha as back up but only works on the roof.

Matilda

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
My internet down from 6am to 8pm. It is back now, but a tad unstable. Luckily I have a Claro banda ancha as back up but only works on the roof.

Matilda

Mine too! I thought it was my router. Still a bit wobbly.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
All of them are having issues the last few days. I have a fiber optic line at work with Columbus and their connection has been iffy too.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I understand a second fiber optic cable was cut Wednesday morning between Santiago and Puerto PLata. Maybe from the road construction?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My mobile device is still down, it was up briefly from around 8 - 10 pm last night.

Strange thing is my altice Internet fijo modem works with wifi but the ethernet is gone but this might have been the lightning strike last evening in our street. Calling altice at the moment to report is impossible.

Good thing is I saw a Claro unit and they told me that Claro fiber optic is now (already since December, I missed it) available in La Zurza Santiago. Off to Claro now... :)

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Good thing is I saw a Claro unit and they told me that Claro fiber optic is now (already since December, I missed it) available in La Zurza Santiago. Off to Claro now... :)

This must be a nightmare for Altice. I bet many clients are defecting to Claro, and the amount of money they are losing while people can't use their service must be enormous. Must be a very big problem.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I had Altice now since I moved to Santiago last year because Claro fiber optic was not available in La Zurza at this time (imagine 2 corners from the monument).

Today I heard Claro is available. I won't switch, I will use both as I did before in the capital.

I had 0 problems with Altice but I trust Claro more of course, I work online so I need both to back up each other.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Major problems with Altice as their are reports on the net that some of their important hardware overheated and was damaged. This was due to the fuel running out on their back up power plants. Units continued workng on battery but overheated as there was no AC. Major damage to central control units with no backup available. No quick solution. Will be down for a while. Claro will become bigger than what they are already probably creating a monoply situation. Not good

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Major problems with Altice as their are reports on the net that some of their important hardware overheated and was damaged. This was due to the fuel running out on their back up power plants. Units continued workng on battery but overheated as there was no AC. Major damage to central control units with no backup available. No quick solution. Will be down for a while. Claro will become bigger than what they are already probably creating a monoply situation. Not good

Monopoly is impossible to have it here as year ago with Codetel now Claro, thanks god VIVA is there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a brand new company opening here. They were giving out flyers in front of Claro where Jumbo is in the SJ Mall in Bavaro. Called something like Dominican Cellular. Doubt they will last long.