Residency Renewal > timing

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
https://www.migracion.gob.do/Public/detail?detailid=70&menuid=44

NOTA DE PRENSA
Migración implementará nuevo sistema de citas para servicios de extranjería
La Dirección General de Migración (DGM), en procura de agilizar los procesos que ofrece a sus usuarios, informa que a partir del 01 de abril de 2019 las visitas a la institución, estarán reguladas por el nuevo sistema de citas según los servicios solicitados.
Entre los servicios del área de extranjería que serán regulados por el nuevo sistema figuran el depósito de expediente por primera vez, renovación de permisos y residencias, solicitudes por perdida, emisión de residencias definitivas, entrega de carnet y otros.
La institución afirma que las citas serán únicas, en tal sentido hacemos de su conocimiento que de no asistir en la fecha indicada en el sistema, deberán dirigir una solicitud al Director General de la DGM para la asignación de una nueva fecha.
De igual manera, la DGM recomienda a los usuarios aguardar la fecha de su cita para ser atendido en la institución.
DEPARTAMENTO DE COMUNICACIONES
Viernes 22 de Marzo del 2019
Migration will implement new appointment system for immigration services
The Directorate General of Migration (DGM), in an effort to streamline the processes offered to its users, informs that from April 1, 2019 visits to the institution will be regulated by the new system of appointments according to the services requested.
Among the services of the area of foreigners that will be regulated by the new system are the deposit of file for the first time, renewal of permits and residences, applications for loss, issuance of permanent residences, delivery of card and others.
The institution affirms that the appointments will be unique, in such sense we inform you that if you do not attend on the date indicated in the system, you must address a request to the Director General of the DGM for the assignment of a new date.
Similarly, the DGM recommends users to wait for their appointment date in order to be attended at the institution.
COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
Friday, March 22, 2019
>>>Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just deposited my documents for a temporary renewal in Pto. Plata DGM. I was given a specific date to go to DGM in SD and told that if I went after that date there would be an additional 1000 peso fee.

nml57

Feb 22, 2005
https://www.migracion.gob.do/Public/detail?detailid=70&menuid=44

NOTA DE PRENSA
Migración implementará nuevo sistema de citas para servicios de extranjería
La Dirección General de Migración (DGM), en procura de agilizar los procesos que ofrece a sus usuarios, informa que a partir del 01 de abril de 2019 las visitas a la institución, estarán reguladas por el nuevo sistema de citas según los servicios solicitados.
Entre los servicios del área de extranjería que serán regulados por el nuevo sistema figuran el depósito de expediente por primera vez, renovación de permisos y residencias, solicitudes por perdida, emisión de residencias definitivas, entrega de carnet y otros.
La institución afirma que las citas serán únicas, en tal sentido hacemos de su conocimiento que de no asistir en la fecha indicada en el sistema, deberán dirigir una solicitud al Director General de la DGM para la asignación de una nueva fecha.
De igual manera, la DGM recomienda a los usuarios aguardar la fecha de su cita para ser atendido en la institución.
DEPARTAMENTO DE COMUNICACIONES
Viernes 22 de Marzo del 2019
Migration will implement new appointment system for immigration services
The Directorate General of Migration (DGM), in an effort to streamline the processes offered to its users, informs that from April 1, 2019 visits to the institution will be regulated by the new system of appointments according to the services requested.
Among the services of the area of foreigners that will be regulated by the new system are the deposit of file for the first time, renewal of permits and residences, applications for loss, issuance of permanent residences, delivery of card and others.
The institution affirms that the appointments will be unique, in such sense we inform you that if you do not attend on the date indicated in the system, you must address a request to the Director General of the DGM for the assignment of a new date.
Similarly, the DGM recommends users to wait for their appointment date in order to be attended at the institution.
COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
Friday, March 22, 2019
>>>Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

yep delivered documents to dgm santo domingo and was told to check internet for a date to go back and get
my card.. they just could not tell me if the specific date would by transmitted by email or where to find it on web account.. just have to wait a week.. and then start worrying...lol

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
I just deposited my documents for a temporary renewal in Pto. Plata DGM. I was given a specific date to go to DGM in SD and told that if I went after that date there would be an additional 1000 peso fee.

Yes. That what was indicated on the web site for us this past January. The folks in POP said to ignore that. Another month past before we could go to the capital and pick up our resedencia. (this was our 4th perm). No fees or fines. When we saw that notice we had guests and did not go to the capital for another two weeks. No problems. So...overall the entire start to finish process took over two months.As always...your mileage may vary.