Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "If they can have her, why can't we? Report details how police rape and torture sex

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The article says sex work is illegal in the DR- NOT TRUE.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    The last time I looked Prostitution was legal in the DR. The article written is basing her whole premise on the statement that "sex work is illegal". That being said, no one should be abused by the police and anyone else. Without a doubt there are bad people in this world, which includes bad cops who have nothing better to do than abuse their power. This article does not surprise me. Prostitution in the DR is sanctioned but not regulated except perhaps by the local constabulary who want their cut for having to put up with the "problem". Unfortunately, sex workers, have to put up with crooked cops and a-h johns. That's the nature of the beast. This article really doesn't shed any light on a story that's been going on forever.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

the article as a piece of journalism stinks. Surely just a filler as the staff at the root are likely flummoxed by Jussie.

community service my arse.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Cops take advantage of hookers that is true.
    I've seen it with my own eyes cops entering a holding cell for the women and heard it with my own ears that they were getting their rocks off.
    One girl told a cop to hurry because she had to go back to work to make some money. "Quiero mi cuarto".
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to Google "cisgender female". Still haven't figured out and memorized all these idiotic new genders that liberals have come up with. How many are there anyway - 6-7?

Anyway, what difference does it make what gender these sex workers are? They shouldn't be getting abused by the police.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    The article says sex work is illegal in the DR- NOT TRUE.
    Yes, when an article's opening sentence is wrong, it's hard to trust the rest of it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Yes, when an article's opening sentence is wrong, it's hard to trust the rest of it.
    Or people don’t know how to read. The opening sentence of the article is “Sex work is legal in the Dominican Republic.”

9. Dislikes drstock disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFA123 View Post
    Or people don’t know how to read. The opening sentence of the article is “Sex work is legal in the Dominican Republic.”
    Or... the article was corrected

Corrected: Friday, 3/29/19, 10:45 am EDT: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that sex work is illegal in the Dominican Republic. Sex work is legal, although sex work involving a third party (like brothel-keeping or pimping) is technically prohibited.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFA123 View Post
    Or... the article was corrected

Corrected: Friday, 3/29/19, 10:45 am EDT: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that sex work is illegal in the Dominican Republic. Sex work is legal, although sex work involving a third party (like brothel-keeping or pimping) is technically prohibited.
    It was changed. It first read sex work is illegal in the Dominican Republic like in most countries or something to that effect. I just wonder if it was an intentional error or not in the first place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast