DR food Ideas.....

christina15152

Apr 25, 2002
christina15152.rocks.it
Does anyone have any ideas or recipies for any Dominican food? I need something that will feed like 15-20 hungry baseball players.. Any ideas?!?! I would like something that will make alot.. I don't care the price.. I just need some Ideas.. ASAP!
Christina

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Check the archives. There was a thread on this not too long ago and several online sources of recipes were given. I think they will give you all the information you are looking for.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Foor for a gang

The first thing that comes to mind is a sanchocho

The next thing is a Moro de guandules, fried pork chops, avocados and fried plantains. Some grated cabbage, tomatos vinegar and olive oil, lemon slices.

For baseball players: Spagetti with fried chicken instead of meatballs. Not kidding they were practically raised on this...yes, in a tomato sauce...

Can you find green Plantains in your area?

Also a good Arroz con Pollo will do for a lot of people.

Vegetables are not very important on the Dominican table, plantains, cabbage, tomatos, mostly.

If you can get goat meat a chivo picannte. white rice, fried potatoes would go well. Chivo picante is made with saute?d goat meat with lots of red pepper and tomato sauce--hot hot hot....and cold cold cold beer...

HB
chef.gif