Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything is the same except I’m slightly stronger in right side, I’m able to stand up and keep my balance but I still use the walker - more for support on the few times I do become imbalanced-, and I’m now brushing my hair and such. I also read more on what my type of stroke is and the likelihood of recuperating, and that has helped in making me take the exercises at home more seriously. I can also stop the shaking in my right hand much faster. Everything else is basically still the same.

The therapist said this week or next I will move from the walker to a cane. Lets see how that goes. I was suppose to use the walker for another 2 weeks after the hospital, and its already the third week going onto the 4th week and I’m still on the walker.

Polls Forum Moderator

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

take it easy. everyone recovers at their own pace. slow and steady wins the race, you will get there.

3. Likes sabra, dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

NALs,Thanks for the update.
    It sounds like your recovery is progressing well.
    In this world of instant gratification it can be difficult for you to see the improvements.
    Take care

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the update. It takes time, like us old folks say Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep positive, look back to last week and take notice of any improvement no matter how small and just smile then say to yourself I am getting there.

6. Likes dulce, sabra liked this post
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update - we worry about you! Glad there are improvements albeit small ones.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

This week I’m able to stay standing for much longer. I also am able to move little the muscle by the right brow and feel the muscle, and a little with the muscle under the eye. I can also feel natural tears coming out of the right eye, but its much less than in the left eye. I don’t shake as much when I take a long breathe and I also feel less the need to do that. I don’t get tired on my left leg when I brush my teeth. I used to not see long distances from the right eye, but that has fixed itself. My right arm and leg feel stronger than last week.

I still feel the pressure on the right side of my head, but every week I feel it less. Everything else feels the same.

Polls Forum Moderator

9. Likes Matilda, sylindr, bigbird, sabra, dulce and 2 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to learn of the continued improvements.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the doctor again and he finally show me the MRIs and the reason I was so lucky than the usual most people die from a stroke like that. It happens that had my stroke happened 1 to 2 millimeters higher in the same artery, the only result left was death. Basically, I was saved by a hair.

The lower right part of my brain is whiter than the left side, based on the images. Everything else looks fine.

Polls Forum Moderator

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    I went to the doctor again and he finally show me the MRIs and the reason I was so lucky than the usual most people die from a stroke like that. It happens that had my stroke happened 1 to 2 millimeters higher in the same artery, the only result left was death. Basically, I was saved by a hair.

The lower right part of my brain is whiter than the left side, based on the images. Everything else looks fine.
    Starting to feel some positive info coming from you. Long story but i was at my favorite supermarket buying some cold cuts. One conversation lead to another. Well this old timer, maybe younger than me the old timer said ........"Well, at least you still on this side of the green grass". need say no more.... keep moving forward

13. Likes sylindr liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    you know what? forget this coulda/shoulda/woulda attitude. what-ifing is not helpful towards your recovery. you lived, you're recuperating, things are looking up. focus on that. pondering the closeness of that brush with death is unnecessary. onward and forward, as my former boss used to say.

15. Likes nekokatt liked this post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast