MISSING PERSONS .. PLEASE HELP HAVE YOU SEEN THEM?

Apr 3, 2019
Orlando-Moore-Portia-Ravenelle.jpg

A family friend and her boyfriend that have gone missing in DR. Their names are Portia Ravenelle and Orlando Moore. They were staying at the Grand Bahia Principe, Cayacoa, Samana.

They were due to board a late night flight on March 26. They never boarded their flight. The rental car that was used was never returned. Their cell phones are answering straight to voicemail.

If you have any information please notify local authorities.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Suggestion: Track the cell phones if possible. Hopefully already being done.

Good luck and hope they are safe.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If it hasn't been done, also inform their embassy.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Orlando-Moore-Portia-Ravenelle.jpg

A family friend and her boyfriend that have gone missing in DR. Their names are Portia Ravenelle and Orlando Moore. They were staying at the Grand Bahia Principe, Cayacoa, Samana.

They were due to board a late night flight on March 26. They never boarded their flight. The rental car that was used was never returned. Their cell phones are answering straight to voicemail.

If you have any information please notify local authorities.

Where's Denny Dee and Patrick when we need them?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Is the Dominican Police investigating ?

It is worrisome, hope they are safe !

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Locked up abroad?

As you probably noticed in the article, they CHECKED OUT of the Hotel, but never made it to the Airport.

This was NOT stated before by the OP, not sure why it was left out .
Stopped off at a Bar for a last drink ? something went wrong ?
lots of info is missing . Hard to even guess.

CNN, being USELESS as they usually are ..
there is like ZERO info in this article.. .but they CLAIM they spoke with the sister ?
I doubt that , or they really are beyond pathetic .

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
As you probably noticed in the article, they CHECKED OUT of the Hotel, but never made it to the Airport.

This was NOT stated before by the OP, not sure why it was left out .
Stopped off at a Bar for a last drink ? something went wrong ?
lots of info is missing . Hard to even guess.

CNN, being USELESS as they usually are ..
there is like ZERO info in this article.. .but they CLAIM they spoke with the sister ?
I doubt that , or they really are beyond pathetic .

What departure airport, what time was the flight, where did they rent the auto from, what time did they check out of the hotel?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The DR does not like any negative publicity related to tourists. You may be certain every police agency in the country is on top of this story. Hope they are found safe and quickly.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I fear the outcome of this story and I suspect the car they were driving is already dismantled. No one disapears that long on their own accord.

If they had an accident and ran off the road into some thick brush you would hope one of them could make it back to the main road.

With some more details of their hotel and their return flight some roads could be searched

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I fear the outcome of this story and I suspect the car they were driving is already dismantled. No one disapears that long on their own accord.

If they had an accident and ran off the road into some thick brush you would hope one of them could make it back to the main road.

With some more details of their hotel and their return flight some roads could be searched

From that Hotel on the Peninsula of Samana to SANTIAGO Airport , is a LONG DRIVE..
For the experienced only,
and at night NOT a good idea for anyone, even the experienced .

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Agree on that. I recall the owner of Playa Los Gringos died on that stretch.. Miss that place so much.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He was between RSJ and Gasping Hernandez

I think the Samana to STI route is a different road.... Macoris and across, avoiding the mountain climbing
But it's even worse in spots and confusing
I have never done w/o a driver