Police have new weapon!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
A cell phone!! They take a picture of your license plate and it populates everything about you, picture,cedula,etc..
Pretty cool... grannies with unpaid tickets watch out :)

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A cell phone!! They take a picture of your license plate and it populates everything about you, picture,cedula,etc..

That is if they have a connection to the INTERNET and the computer is up and working on the other end....and they aren't stopping you just for 'refrescos'

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Correction, I believe it would populate everything about the registered owner of the vehicle....

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I dont think you guys are grasping this, or maybe just being funny. which is all well and good.

The Police officer is STANDING behind the Car and the Plate is like 5 feet away... The Vehicle is stopped ,driver is already detained ..
IF the plate is read incorrectly , he could just MANUALLY Enter it with the keyboard ..
This is not a Plate "scanner" Cops use at Highway speed ..
there is no way they will get a false reading.. they are not that clueless ..

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
...they still need "minutes" to access the database via Internet...which they never have :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But besides that; get your sH*t together and make sure everything is in order, then you won't have problems!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
...they still need "minutes" to access the database via Internet...which they never have [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

But besides that; get your sH*t together and make sure everything is in order, then you won't have problems!
They'll probably ask people to share their internet with them (hotspot). If you can afford a car, you're sure to have a phone with data.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That system is useless if the car isn't yours or a rental.

Somehow I don't think tourists in rentals are their main concern.

In the big scheme of things, I'd guess tourist rentals account for 1-2% of the vehicles stopped.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tourists and borrowed cars are a huge target,,,,,, NOT!!!!

can anybody hazard a guess as to how many of those there are on the roads ???Stolen cars too -
they're a problem

Wait - they're unowned vehicles.....

I get it now

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Tourists and borrowed cars are a huge target,,,,,, NOT!!!!

can anybody hazard a guess as to how many of those there are on the roads ???Stolen cars too -
they're a problem

Wait - they're unowned vehicles.....

I get it now

... Un-documented rentals !!!!!