Anyone from Sosua going shopping in Puerto Plata?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If anyone is going to Jumbo or La Sirena in Puerto Plata from the Sosua area in the next few days, I could use some assistance.

I'm in need of a couple rolls of packing tape. The clear scotch tape type that is about 2.5 - 3 inches wide. I can't find any in Sosua at the moment and not having a car I would prefer not to make a moto journey that far for just tape.

Obviously I am willing to meet you and of course reimburse the purchase price. Alternatively, if anyone has recently seen packing tape somewhere closer, I'd appreciate hearing where.

Thx.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I’m going to PP tomorrow specifically to Jumbo, I can look and get it for you. You can add me on FB and message me? I don’t do phone calls. Lol. Easton Hector-Brown if you forget my name :)

Make sure to get the Scotch brand. I tried those knock off cheap brands and they ended up in the garbage. Scotch sells the tape in a red plastic dispenser plus just the refills.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
--Quote edited by Moderator--

Just a thought.

I think that is what they call helping a neighbor out. It is not like the OP is asking someone to do their monthly grocery shopping. Simply pick up a couple rolls of tape.

Who knows, maybe next month the situation will be reversed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I am surprised neither Playero or Super Pola has what you are after... ! Then there is also Pappaterra and a few other places...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've checked the usual spots and no luck. I do believe i have seen packing tape at Playero in the past, but didn't need any then. :)

The one place I often forget about is the dollar store across from Super Pola. Not great quality in most cases (their tennis balls aren't really tennis balls) but sometimes one can find something that will "just do" there.