Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

please ignore..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    You Had to show your residence Card, same way you will have to show it with your passport when leave DR so she could unlock your passport.
    She HAD both docs...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    When I visit the US they stamp my passport and hand write in the number of days I can stay. Nothing wrong with that.
    Nothing wrong at all, just a first time seeing that here in the country..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

This procedure just started in early February

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Yes------- I will

No real need for a passport --- What does it accomplish ???
    The purpose of folk like us with Dominican passports is to increase the value of the Dominican passport when we travel to other countries other than our birth country. Moreover, countries like China and the Russian Federation, for example, may grant more favorable visa or visa on arrival treatment to the DR passport. The more Dominicans use the Dominican passport, the more valuable it becomes in the international arena. This, in turn, increases the likelihood that other countries may consider granting visa on arrival status.

6. Likes Polar Bear, Caonabo, Riva_31 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My Canadian passport is what I'll use....

pretty benign around the world... few restrictions, if any
    As far as I venture is the UK normally

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I don't plan on getting the actual passport... can't see a need for it.

The machine has the info.... I should be good...
    My lawyer agrees

The registration outweighs the physical passport
    It is a choice based on where you travel. For example Colombia charges approx 80 dollars for Canadians to visit and Dominicans can go there visa free. We have gone to Colombia twice and will go again. Certainly the Canadian Passport is better and more valuable.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    It is a choice based on where you travel. For example Colombia charges approx 80 dollars for Canadians to visit and Dominicans can go there visa free. We have gone to Colombia twice and will go again. Certainly the Canadian Passport is better and more valuable.
    This is one of the reasons that I advocate for the Dominican passport for dual nationals. While the Canadian and U.S. passport have more value, having both maximizes where you can travel visa free. Moreover, some countries charge less for entry with the Dominican passport.

10. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Taylor View Post
    This is one of the reasons that I advocate for the Dominican passport for dual nationals. While the Canadian and U.S. passport have more value, having both maximizes where you can travel visa free. Moreover, some countries charge less for entry with the Dominican passport.
    Perhaps this could be the topic of a different thread since this one is about overstay fees?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I knew a Canadian who was headed to the airport, I drove him. He had been here for 11 years and was worried what his overstay fee would be. I don't know, I got my 800 pesos.
    Why don't guys like this just cross over into Ouanaminthe, Haiti from Dajabon for a just few hours once every six months or so and then they'll have a collection of exits and re-entry stamps and thus won't have to worry about overstay fees at all?
    Take advantage of the fact that there's another country on the same island.
    Or does the DR have a law that says expats without residency HAVE to return to their own countries and thus entrance into Haiti does not count?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast