Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JetBlue from UK

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default JetBlue from UK

I have just read that JetBlue intends to start a JFK to LHR flight in 2021

That might help the POP travel from the UK which has been dropped.
    Possibly - a night in NYC for the AM flight to POP
    but the exit flight should be seamless

I have used WestJet via Toronto for this trip....reasonably well
    an overnight in Toronto on the UK - POP leg too
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From todays London Telegraph

JetBlue will become the first US budget airline to enter the transatlantic fray with the launch of flights from both New York and Boston to London planned for 2021.

The carrier said the routes were currently “overpriced and underserved”, with JetBlue president Joanna Geraght adding: “London is the largest metro area JetBlue doesn't yet serve from both Boston and New York. The fares being charged today by airlines on these routes, specifically on the premium end, are enough to make you blush.”

In less than 20 years the airline has grown an extensive route network across North, Central and South America, with a comparable offering to the likes of Ryanair and EasyJet – fares do not include checked baggage or the ability to amend bookings free of charge. It does, however, unlike its budget brethren, offer free snacks and soft drinks to customers, while economy seats boast healthy leg room and entertainment screens.

Unlike British low-cost airlines, JetBlue also offer a business cabin on some of its planes, called “Mint”, with lie-flat beds. This year, the Mint cabin was named Best Regional Business Class in North America by TripAdvisor. but even

UK-born chief executive Robin Hayes - formerly of British Airways - said in September that last-minute business fares of up to $10,000 between New York and London were “obscene”, adding: “When we see that, we know we can go into it for a lot cheaper.”

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They will have 6 or 7 flights a day from London to JFK and to Boston, most likely start in early 2021

3. Likes mofongoloco liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They most likely will also announce that they will be offering service to Dublin,Paris, Madrid and Amsterdam as the London launch gets closer

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I adore JetBlue!!! Wowowowo! Save those points!!

(note also that - on the JetBlue flights from Sto Dom to NYC a fair portion of the passengers travel by wheel chair. I used a wheel chair on my last flight because that dreaded Chikungunya had made it really hard for me to stand for long periods and my secretary said "get a wheel chair" - Now - with a wheel chair - no questions asked, no doctor's note - only a tip required - one is taken through customs on a special line, the wo/man who is pushing you picks up your bags and -- You get the picture - Concierge service.

Leave it to the Dominicans to figure this one out!!

(In all fairness - none of us in the wheel chairs were young, fit, and healthy looking!)

6. Likes snowqueen liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen as many as 15 on a flight... mostly fat people.

One couple , parked waiting for the flight, got thirsty.
    The man got up, walked a good distance for the 2 coffees and returned.... no spills.

Far fewer chairs getting off , It always seems.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use the wheelchairs, but I always ask the gate agent if I can pre board as I need extra time - want to be sure to have cabin space for my rollerboard as I don't check luggage - and neither Jet Blue or American or United have ever said no to me.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

London to POP and vice a versa via USA is an absolutely nightmare, to be avoided at all costs, well, any transit via USA basically. The horrible immigration and customs and re-checkin queues will take longer and more tiring than the flight itself. It is really not a transit at all....

I have lost my flight once due to hours of delay in those queues, never again - if I can help it ...!

10. Likes mofongoloco liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Try going thru Toronto.....might be easier

or Virgin to MIA... but that's a really crowded one

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Try going thru Toronto.....might be easier

or Virgin to MIA... but that's a really crowded one
    MIA has to be the worst airport to make ANY connections.

13. Likes badpiece33, chico bill liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Global Entry.... so a bit (a lot) easier...

but for a normal entry.... not good !!

15. Likes Africaida liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast