JetBlue from UK

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have just read that JetBlue intends to start a JFK to LHR flight in 2021

That might help the POP travel from the UK which has been dropped.
Possibly - a night in NYC for the AM flight to POP
but the exit flight should be seamless

I have used WestJet via Toronto for this trip....reasonably well
an overnight in Toronto on the UK - POP leg too
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From todays London Telegraph

JetBlue will become the first US budget airline to enter the transatlantic fray with the launch of flights from both New York and Boston to London planned for 2021.

The carrier said the routes were currently “overpriced and underserved”, with JetBlue president Joanna Geraght adding: “London is the largest metro area JetBlue doesn't yet serve from both Boston and New York. The fares being charged today by airlines on these routes, specifically on the premium end, are enough to make you blush.”

In less than 20 years the airline has grown an extensive route network across North, Central and South America, with a comparable offering to the likes of Ryanair and EasyJet – fares do not include checked baggage or the ability to amend bookings free of charge. It does, however, unlike its budget brethren, offer free snacks and soft drinks to customers, while economy seats boast healthy leg room and entertainment screens.

Unlike British low-cost airlines, JetBlue also offer a business cabin on some of its planes, called “Mint”, with lie-flat beds. This year, the Mint cabin was named Best Regional Business Class in North America by TripAdvisor. but even

UK-born chief executive Robin Hayes - formerly of British Airways - said in September that last-minute business fares of up to $10,000 between New York and London were “obscene”, adding: “When we see that, we know we can go into it for a lot cheaper.”

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I adore JetBlue!!! Wowowowo! Save those points!!

(note also that - on the JetBlue flights from Sto Dom to NYC a fair portion of the passengers travel by wheel chair. I used a wheel chair on my last flight because that dreaded Chikungunya had made it really hard for me to stand for long periods and my secretary said "get a wheel chair" - Now - with a wheel chair - no questions asked, no doctor's note - only a tip required - one is taken through customs on a special line, the wo/man who is pushing you picks up your bags and -- You get the picture - Concierge service.

Leave it to the Dominicans to figure this one out!!

(In all fairness - none of us in the wheel chairs were young, fit, and healthy looking!)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have seen as many as 15 on a flight... mostly fat people.

One couple , parked waiting for the flight, got thirsty.
The man got up, walked a good distance for the 2 coffees and returned.... no spills.

Far fewer chairs getting off , It always seems.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I don't use the wheelchairs, but I always ask the gate agent if I can pre board as I need extra time - want to be sure to have cabin space for my rollerboard as I don't check luggage - and neither Jet Blue or American or United have ever said no to me.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
London to POP and vice a versa via USA is an absolutely nightmare, to be avoided at all costs, well, any transit via USA basically. The horrible immigration and customs and re-checkin queues will take longer and more tiring than the flight itself. It is really not a transit at all....

I have lost my flight once due to hours of delay in those queues, never again - if I can help it ...!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
At EWR... I am on the curb about 20 minutes after exiting the plane...

literally keep walking - 1 stop at a kiosk and 'Outta Here'...

London to POP and vice a versa via USA is an absolutely nightmare, to be avoided at all costs, well, any transit via USA basically. The horrible immigration and customs and re-checkin queues will take longer and more tiring than the flight itself. It is really not a transit at all....

I have lost my flight once due to hours of delay in those queues, never again - if I can help it ...!
Jet Blue has their own international terminal in JFK so you wont have the lines you get at the International terminal #4, so that shouldn't be a problem

NelleG

Jan 2, 2018
I have seen as many as 15 on a flight... mostly fat people.

One couple , parked waiting for the flight, got thirsty.
The man got up, walked a good distance for the 2 coffees and returned.... no spills.

Far fewer chairs getting off , It always seems.

We have counted as many as 23. We make a game of it everytime we go. Also have watched people abandon their wheelchairs to get food, coffee, whatnot, and then come back expecting to be wheeled onto the plane first. And they are. What a racket. On one flight the flight attendant put a man’s can in the overhead on top of our bags. My husband took it down and handed it to him and he proceeded to use it to push everyone out of his way to get off first.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hahahaha
That one's a keeper....

Fits in with my St Bernard story where the dog had a seat and a boarding pass.
WestJet - AZS to YYZ

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
After a really tedious number of changes on my recent trip to the UK, I'm already looking at alternatives for next year and beyond. I'm wondering if you will be able to get a through flight with Jet Blue if you use the same airline from POP to NY and then NY to London. No need to get luggage and check in again, I hope. Oh for the good old days of direct flights from this end.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
After a really tedious number of changes on my recent trip to the UK, I'm already looking at alternatives for next year and beyond. I'm wondering if you will be able to get a through flight with Jet Blue if you use the same airline from POP to NY and then NY to London. No need to get luggage and check in again, I hope. Oh for the good old days of direct flights from this end.

Entering the US on any airline you must go through customs and claim your luggage. Then you recheck the luggage.

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sea...seniors:0,infantinlap:Y&fareCalendarPrice=505

Nonstop PUJ to Gatwick

5:30pm - 6:50am +1 Flight spans 1 day
British Airways logo
British Airways
Very Good Flights (8.1/10)
8h 20m (Nonstop)
Available amenities
Wi-Fi and Entertainment information
Departure airport: PUJ - Arrival airport: LGW
$1,850
one way
Free cancel within 24 hrs Free Cancel w/in 24 hrs
Details and baggage fees for result 49 Details & baggage fees
One way price for 1 traveler, including taxes and fees: $1,849.50
Free Cancellation within 24 hours of booking!
5:30pm to 6:50am 8h 20m Overnight Arrives Wed, Oct 9
5:30pm to 6:50am 8h 20m Overnight · Arrives Wed, Oct 9

Last edited:

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thanks for that info about the US, I didn't know that. POP to Punta Cana is a long way and the price one way is huge, so that is not an option, but thanks for posting it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thanks for that info about the US, I didn't know that. POP to Punta Cana is a long way and the price one way is huge, so that is not an option, but thanks for posting it.

You don't need to fly to PUJ. You can take the bus to SD and Exress Bavaro direct to PUJ from SD. Cost is nothing.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thanks, I realize that, but still a really long journey. I meant the one way price in that example from PUJ to London is huge. I know there aren't any good options. Let's hope some more airlines return to POP.