Cost to use taxi transport from central puerto plata to cabarete cost during day

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi
Looking for approximate cost for transport from sosua to cabarete
I do not want the guagua bus as it takes too long, no i want the expensive taxi which will charge me $60

I do want the basic taxi that continuously runs from cabarete with a change at sosua to puerto plata. HOWEVER i do NOT want to share the taxi with other people. How much will it cost to use this taxi FOR ME ALONE.
What do Domincans call this type of transport?

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Hi
I do not want the guagua bus as it takes too long, no i want the expensive taxi which will charge me $60

I do want the basic taxi that continuously runs from cabarete with a change at sosua to puerto plata. HOWEVER i do NOT want to share the taxi with other people. How much will it cost to use this taxi FOR ME ALONE.

Carrito... Ask him when he is empty...calculate yourself 60 pesos 5-6 passengers to Sosua...30x6 to Cabarete... I guess he would charge 500-600 pesos...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The local taxi(publico)from Sosua to Cabarete charges 30-35 pesos. 5-6 passengers would be around 200 pesos, but he makes pick ups and drop offs along the way, so it's going to cost you more than that.

Like HDR said, ask him when he's empty how much he would charge. I think most taxis privadas charge 500 pesos(?).

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Carito will want about 200 for "va rapido" and the front seat. Taxi is $15 o/w

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Hi

Go to the concho stop right across the petrol station, they wait there for the first customers. You tell me you want the whole car. I do that when my LR needs maintenance , 500 pesos to GH, 600 to Magante .
So Cabarete would be 400 max.

rhanson1

Feb 23, 2012
Go to the concho stop right across the petrol station, they wait there for the first customers. You tell me you want the whole car. I do that when my LR needs maintenance , 500 pesos to GH, 600 to Magante .
So Cabarete would be 400 max.

How much would they likely want to go from the carito staging area across the street from the Texaco in Sosua to the Puerto Plata airport? And will they take you right to the terminal, or only up to the gate?

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
From Sosua to Cabarete for taking over full public taxi expect to pay about 300p day time, more at night

Coming back to Sosua you will not find an empty car like that, they usually come with some passengers to Cabarete and then for Sosua.

Not sure why you are concern about time, just pay double and take over the front seat, he usually stops two or three times and it is very quick, the whole trip is like 15min, so will 5 min make that much of a difference.

Public taxis avoid going to airport terminal, there is a monopoly on who can go there, other airport taxi drivers at the airport kick the hell out of him, he can drop you on the main road....