Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hello from San Pedro!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting about feeling uncomfortable in SPM. I’m very fair skinned and SPM is one place I have never felt that way. Visiting for 1-2 week stretches since 2014-spent a month straight in 2017 there. I’ve felt that uncomfortable feeling in Cab, Sosua, SD, PC, but never in SanPedro. When I see another gringo there- they stand out to me because it’s rare. Comparitively, I noticed more attention in SD than SPM. As an aside, never noticed it in Samana either.

But SPM is not a place for the faint of heart, that’s for sure.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

San Pedro has a lot things that must improve

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    San Pedro has a lot things that must improve

I live in San Cristobal and I'd say the same.

I will say SC is growing like nobody's business. Not a lot of rentals, and tons of new houses being built.

We have a fairly new Sirena now and I wouldn't be surprised to see another supermarket going up soon.

Drive from SD to SC on Carr. Sanchez or 6 de Nov. and you see new construction going up.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    Been living here since October. Finally decided to register after lurking for a few months. I live close to Jumbo in what I consider a very nice part of town.

So far, I love it here. I retired in September of 2018 and don't regret anything (yet!).

Roberto
    Welcome..."Love, exciting and new
    Come aboard, were expecting you
    Love, lifes sweetest reward
    Let it flow, it floats back to you..."The Love Boat"!!! ...Nevermind"!!!...Hola lol!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    The ones who always get to me are the folks who sit to eat somewhere and drop all of the trash they produce at their feet.

I'd make a comparison to a particular animal but I don't want to drop to that level.

On the other hand.... I made a couple of picnic tables for the area under the mango tree between my building and the next.

I have a group of women who come every day to eat there, and when they leave, they pick up ALL of the trash that is thrown there by others at different hours of the day.

It all boils down to respect. Every problem in this country has lack of respect as it's root cause. Every thing. The way they drive, throwing trash, loud music... you name it. All from a lack of respect.

And yet other folks here are as respectful as it gets.

If you think teaching your kids respect isn't important, just look around you here in the DR.
    the post of the decade.

6. Likes rfp liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234