Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome Nan. I like SPdeM. had a really good haircut there once.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    The indoor market is full of stalls selling fresh produce, meat, fish, charcoal, sacks of grains of different types, voodoo shops and all kinds of other stuff. It is not for the faint hearted, narrow alleyways, but very interesting and much cheaper than you can buy outside. Hard to describe exactly where it is, it is in the northwestern part of the city, but ask anyone where the mercado is and they will tell you. It is showed on Google maps.

Matilda
    The nastiest place there ever was!

It might've been planned and designed for indoor use many years ago but nowadays it isn't anything indoor related. The market and vendors around it had over taken the entire block and then some.

From fruits to meat, rice beans, live animals to clothing - everything can be had here, if having the patience to navigate this maze.

Be prepared to be dazzled!

3. Likes irsav, Matilda, dulce liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board sir. SanPedro will get lots of criticism but it’s not so bad. Maybe you’ve discovered them, but Blondy’s (if still open- they close sporadically) or Empanadas Reyes are delicious. I also love Brazas restaurant at the Malecón.

Semana Santa is especially interesting in San Pedro-take care!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auryn View Post
    Welcome to the board sir. SanPedro will get lots of criticism but it’s not so bad. Maybe you’ve discovered them, but Blondy’s (if still open- they close sporadically) or Empanadas Reyes are delicious. I also love Brazas restaurant at the Malecón.

Semana Santa is especially interesting in San Pedro-take care!
    Is Life about "eating food" only?

6. Dislikes Auryn disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    Is Life about "eating food" only?
    I didn’t mean to dislike. Matilda already suggested the Mercado, and I would assume the OP knows all about the Malecón. Apparently Playa del Muertos is closed, but I wouldn’t suggest that anyway. Are you familiar with SPM?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to work with granmoun (ancianos) of the different bateys here. Where I live in San Pedro is walking distance to Batey Esperanza and gua-gua distance to the Bateys of Monti Christi, Cubana, and Olivares. It also has a cheaper cost of living. I believe this is where God wants me for the near future at least.

9. Likes Wishing you well liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t mean to dislike. Matilda already suggested the Mercado, and I would assume the OP knows all about the Malecón. Apparently Playa del Muertos is closed, but I wouldn’t suggest that anyway. Are you familiar with SPM?
    Playa del Muertos is not closed, but there is really nothing to see there.

11. Likes Auryn liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

My fave restaurant when I was there was Robbie Mar fish place next to the river.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

13. Likes Wishing you well, Auryn liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    My fave restaurant when I was there was Robbie Mar fish place next to the river.

Matilda
    Great food and people but the smell of the river is awful. The views are nice though, very relaxing place.

15. Likes Auryn liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

San Pedro was once a mecca - government and business stripped all of the glamour and growth from the province years ago. Only thing left in SPM is the UCE and the Malecon.

Sad indeed - a place with so much to offer and totally forgotten.

17. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast