Semana Santa death poll?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
You are not missing anything. It is usually called the "Samana Santa Death Pool". I logged on to start it today but you beat me to it.

It works by us morally challenged picking a number of how many will die this Easter weekend. It is a total guess as the authorities never give the real numbers because it makes them look bad.

DV8 has been kind enough in the past to gather the information and post the numbers according to what the government says.

I hope she will do it again this season. Normally we do both a Christmas and Easter death pool but I was on a cruise this past Christmas and missed it.

This year I will pick 31. Hope its 0 but unless the Easter Bunny comes to life and protects us all, lets deal in partial reality.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm gonna go LOW this year with 27 .....fingers crossed ...

and if you are going to pick the same # as a prev Poster, you should be eliminated from the contest ... this happens every year.. Pick a new # or dont participate ..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm going with 26 this year, improvements always look good on paper.
not sure if i can keep accurate score as last xmas COE was not open about the data saying they did not want the stress people.
but i will post official numbers if they become available.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
i'm going with 26 this year, improvements always look good on paper.
not sure if i can keep accurate score as last xmas COE was not open about the data saying they did not want the stress people.
but i will post official numbers if they become available.

...I beat you with 3 minutes :classic:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I will say the streets are crawling with traffic cops if our trip to the Capital today is any indication.

A new twist in autopista speed enforcement cat and mouse: I counted 8 police green sportbikes on the Autopista today pulling people over. Most were R6's but I saw 2 R1's and...get this...a Hyabusa. And the moto cops looked like CHiPs guys, down to the leather boots and white half-helmets.

In the southbound lane between Bonao and Villa Altagracia, there was a speed trap, one guy with a gun past a curve, and two guys on sport biukes pulling folks over.

And on the new autopista from Autopista Duarte and Haina, we spotted a paddy wagon crammed full of perps, and at least 30 sequestered motos being checked by a gaggle of cops by the toll booth, northbound. This was the first paddy wagon I've seen in the DR.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am liking 32. Got a good feeling this is my year to win in all and take home the big money.
Now it it just does not rain.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
DefensaCivilRD:
Queremos que los vacacionistas disfruten esta #SemanaSanta2019 con prudencia y que se unan al #PactoporlaVidaRD

That said and because "they" all listen to what the authorities say.... I go with 23.