Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Canadian numbers are up every yr to POP , US is still top demographic...but Canadians edging up...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    The condo where I live is has got to be close to 50% Canadians(I am just estimating). It seems to be kind of representative of what I see here in Cabarete. Most didn't come down until after New Years and many have already packed up and left.
    Must have the lowest prices in town

3. Likes chico bill, Garyexpat, Tarheel liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite time of year once all the snowbirds go home. I do feel for the businesses but damn it is so nice and tranquil

5. Likes jd_mine liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    Must have the lowest prices in town
    Most of the Canadians here are owners, but the ones that do rent pay anywhere from$1000/mo to $1200/mo for and 1bdr/1ba in season. That probably is towards to lower end for oceanfront, but I think there are others cheaper. There's so many units available for rent here. Supply exceeds demand.

7. Likes badpiece33 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The slow season is typically April through September. The high season, such as it is now, has been diminishing since the advent (pun intended) of Punta Cana.

Easter weekend brings the local crazies out in full force for really heavy drinking, partying, car accidents and drownings but isn't really the cue for the ending of high season. After all, the date changes each year for Easter

Such are my observations of being here since 2003.
    I'm curious as to why the slow season doesn't extend to Christmas. I would have thought with kids in school during the fall, not a ton of vacationing gets done plus it's not that terribly cold in most places. Any thoughts as to why?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Retired people...called snowbirds...fly/flee from the northern winter

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    I'm curious as to why the slow season doesn't extend to Christmas. I would have thought with kids in school during the fall, not a ton of vacationing gets done plus it's not that terribly cold in most places. Any thoughts as to why?
    It does extend to Christmas. In fact, it extends until after New Years. In the past, some tourists snowbirds started arriving in November. Not very many anymore.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

lots of snowbirds where i live. few years ago canadians were arriving as early as october/november. this time many arrived in december/january. i've heard that some are bothered by migration issues and they do not want to stay too long.

North Coast Moderator

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard quite a few American and Canadian snowbirds express concern about overstaying and not being permitted to re-enter next year.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    It actually does extend till Christmas. Low season officially starts after Easter. In mid-October Canadians celebrate their Thanksgiving and some of the snowbirds start coming back then. At the end of November the Americans celebrate their Thanksgiving and some of them start coming back. These are mostly the snowbirds that stay for 6 months. Most people wait until after Christmas to visit. In reality, high season is only about 12 weeks of solid business.

14. Likes Uzin liked this post
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast