Goya Easter Dessert Recipes

D

dv8

this year i'm opting for bilberry cheesecake, polish apple pie, ginger snap mazurek and maybe beignets. and sugar confetti cookies for kids, of course. we're gonna have at least 16 people here so it's minimum 2 days of work.

A

AlterEgo

this year i'm opting for bilberry cheesecake, polish apple pie, ginger snap mazurek and maybe beignets. and sugar confetti cookies for kids, of course. we're gonna have at least 16 people here so it's minimum 2 days of work.

This is the first time in probably 20 years that we've been in the US for Easter. And so....the first time I've cooked a proper Easter meal for my family since they were kids themselves. Expecting 12 people, going the traditional route for meats [roast lamb and spiral baked ham], but doing mostly Latin desserts, so this link caught my attention. Will probably make the flan instead of majarete, plus rice pudding. Might give the tres leches a shot. My grandmother always made Italian cheesecake [from ricotta, no cream cheese], so I'll make that too. Added to that will be a birthday cake for Mr. AE, who is literally spending it this year with both his kids and grandkids for the first time, we're always in DR.

B

Bronxboy

How about dv8's favorite?

lol

Won't even mention it...........

D

dv8

Will probably make the flan instead of majarete, plus rice pudding. Might give the tres leches a shot. My grandmother always made Italian cheesecake [from ricotta, no cream cheese], so I'll make that too. Added to that will be a birthday cake for Mr. AE, who is literally spending it this year with both his kids and grandkids for the first time, we're always in DR.

i did not like goya's recipe for tres leches, i use a very tweaked version with sponge cake so light it can soak even 1.5 liters of liquid. topped with homemade marshmallow fluff. my SIL's friends call it "postre mortal". let me know if you want me to send you the recipe.

for cheesecakes i go through different methods. i use cream cheese, quark, ricotta, queso crema, mascarpone and even cottage cheese. this one will be cream cheese and ricotta mix, i think.

regular menu will be ribs, sausages and chicken/turkey. with baked potatoes, tipile and japanese milk buns.

A

AlterEgo

i did not like goya's recipe for tres leches, i use a very tweaked version with sponge cake so light it can soak even 1.5 liters of liquid. topped with homemade marshmallow fluff. my SIL's friends call it "postre mortal". let me know if you want me to send you the recipe.

for cheesecakes i go through different methods. i use cream cheese, quark, ricotta, queso crema, mascarpone and even cottage cheese. this one will be cream cheese and ricotta mix, i think.

regular menu will be ribs, sausages and chicken/turkey. with baked potatoes, tipile and japanese milk buns.

Yes, please send me the recipe, thanks!

D

dv8

Yes, please send me the recipe, thanks!

100 g butter
250 ml of milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup of fine sugar for baking (if american double or even triple the sugar)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
pinch of salt

all ingredients should be at room temperature.

preheat the oven to 160ºC. butter and line with parchment paper a baking form (23 cm by 33 cm). i normally use single use aluminium pans and skip the parchment paper.

melt butter in milk in a small pot, set aside when doing the rest of the preparations so it cools a bit. sift flour, salt and baking powder.

place sugar and eggs (whole, without separating whites and yolks) in a bowl of a standing mixer. beat (using whisk attachment) until it's very fluffy, foamy and doubles the volume (about 7 minutes at high speed). stop the mixer. using a spatula fold alternately sifted dry ingredients and warmish butter/milk mixture. add vanilla extract.

pour prepared dough into a pan. bake at 160ºC for about 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out dry.

to soak:
a can of condensed milk (about 400 gr)
a can of evaporated milk (about 400 gr)
a can of crema de leche (about 250 gr)
for this particular cake i always use canned nestle crema de leche but it can also be president whipping cream.

toss all the milks into the blender. rinse each can (bottle/container) with a bit of whole milk (i normally use about 125 ml). i do it not to waste any ingredients. add that milk to the blender. add 1 or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. whiz for few seconds.

once the cake is baked give it 5-10 minutes and then poke it to death with a skewer. slowly pour milk mixture over the cake, using a ladle. if the cake baked properly it should suck up all this liquid and more.

I

I love Azua

I just put 8 ramekins of Goya coconut flan in the oven. I can hardly wait. 30 minutes left!

D

dv8

forgot to add mashmallow fluff recipe. top tres leches after it's cold:

1/3 glass of water
3 large egg whites at room temperature
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon homemade vanilla extract

pour water into a small pot, add 2/3 cup sugar and corn syrup. place candy thermometer in the pot. bring to a boil, then boil on medium-strength burner, until the temperature reaches 118 C. it will take about 6 - 10 minutes. do not stir.

when the thermometer reaches around 110-112 C, pour the egg whites into a bowl of a standing mixer and start whipping to stiff peaks. still whipping, add sugar, one spoon at a time.

when the sugar syrup reaches 118 C immediately remove the pot from the burner. very slowly pour hot syrup into the whipped eggs, beating at the highest speed. continue for about 6 minutes, until the fluff has cooled down and reached very thick consistency. at the end of whipping, add vanilla extract.

voila, easy peasy. it should look like that:

qsteli.jpg