Do local foreigners every win the Supermarket Raffle ?

C

chico bill

OK I have been entering the Sosua supermarket raffles, for different years, especially when it was for new cars. Missed out on the Elantra this past car drawing.

I fill out dozens of tickets. I have never won anything, OK I write that off to my bad luck - I don't recall ever winning a drawing anywhere, so i'm keeping my streak unblemished.

But I don't recall a foreign born shopper ever winning a supermarket drawing in DR. Please correct me if this is the case, because I would like to think the drawings are fair. So surely I'm wrong ?

I have been declining the tickets recently for the Easter giveway items because I suspect maybe they will all go to Dominicans.

I

Irie

OK I have been entering the Sosua supermarket raffles, for different years, especially when it was for new cars. Missed out on the Elantra this past car drawing.

I fill out dozens of tickets. I have never won anything, OK I write that off to my bad luck - I don't recall ever winning a drawing anywhere, so i'm keeping my streak unblemished.

But I don't recall a foreign born shopper ever winning a supermarket drawing in DR. Please correct me if this is the case, because I would like to think the drawings are fair. So surely I'm wrong ?

I have been declining the tickets recently for the Easter giveway items because I suspect maybe they will all go to Dominicans.

Interestingly enough, that Elantra sat there for months after the drawing. I happened to notice a sign in the window one day with whose ticket was drawn (Dominicana). It was there for weeks and not sure what the true outcome was.

I

Irie

On another note, I'll bet that the percentages are in favor of Dominicans winning. I think many gringos don't understand what the deal is.......or simply can't be bothered. The percentage of Dominicans shopping there is actually quite large........in my casual observation.

W

william webster

or cannot afford to pick up their prize

or don't have a license (my main man doesn't)

long list....

C

cavok

The tickets at Playero are kind of a PITA to fill out. I got into some raffle at Super Pola and all I had to do was present y cash register receipt, they swiped my card, and I was automatically entered. Computer drawing.

S

Seamonkey

The owners of Kahuna's in Cabarete won the car 3 years ago.

P

PJT

The regulations are the sponsors for the raffles have to account for every ticket sold and revenue collected. It has to do with taxes. A notario has to certify the amount of free or sold raffle tickets coincide with the numbers of the sponsor. The notario has to be present when the raffle is held to certify the winner.

Regards,

PJT

Z

zoomzx11

My wife won a motorcycle in Player.
After me telling her endlessly filling out the tickets was a waste of time.