Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stun Guns and Batons

Does anyone know the DR laws regfarding possession and use of stun batons and stun guns? How anpout the importation for personal use.

We had an incident walking our sweet 3.5 month old Great Dane we don't want to go throiugh again: he was visciously attacked while we were out on a walk.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. Hope he is recovering. Who/what attacked him?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Hope he is recovering. Who/what attacked him?
    A dog.
    Cabin Attendant,

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    A dog.
    Let me guess. A rottweiler?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Let me guess. A rottweiler?
    No. Not a specific breed, but maybe 50 lbs. He got out his fenced yard. Seems the house owner parked on the street, went inside and left the gate open.

I was doing leash training on the street and the dog came out of nowhere, no warning, no barking, nothing. Just sprint--->attack.

My Great Dane is a young guy and naive of the ways of the dog world. There wasn't a lot I could do beyond kicking and punching and trying to keep them apart. I did throw a baseball-size rock with an adrenalin fastball and hit the dog in the ribs. Attack over, the attacker whimpered and limped away. Tough s#!t.

My poor little big guy ended up with 12 stitches and some psychological angst. He's not even 4 months old.

If I had a stun stick the fight could have been avoided.

Lesson learned: be prepared.

So maybe someone can give me some insight into how a stun gun or baton fits within DR laws, and how importing one would work. The one I'm looking at is like a walking stick that can expand from 29" to 50" and powers to a crackling 950k volts at the tip spike electrodes with the flip of a switch.
    Cabin Attendant,

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A woman I knew several years ago opened up a security business and was selling stun guns and pepper spray among other things. It's closed now. Not sure if the laws have changed.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Machete

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

I carry a broom handle inside a 3/4" PVC schedule 40 sleeve all wrapped in Gorilla tape with a hard rubber ball on the end.
    My friend carries an aluminum baton.
    I broke up a dog fight having to keep my own dog from hurting the dog who rushed him and attacked.
    I hated to hit my own dog but the other dog was too old and I don't want any animal hurt.
    And I have squared off against a pack of 3 others 3 times, all about 65 lbs each, trying to chase us.

Most dogs back down in the face of a club swinging back and forth, whizzing, and me slapping the ground with the leash in my other hand, that I just carry over my shoulder.
    Never run away, turn and face them. That makes them retreat.
    But yes young dogs don't know how to defend themselves. Good thing Dad was there to rescue him.
    But a Great Dane will grow and he'll remember this other dog when he's 120 lbs.
    But Rotties, Pit Bulls and Dogos all are ones that have inner brain waves off kilter.
    Notice most street dogs avoid fighting. They learn it isn't in there interest.

Your dog will also remember you stepped in and after that you tended his wounds.
    Dogs appreciate getting nursed back to health.

Let us know if and where you find a stun-stick, aka cattle prod. Farmers might know.

9. Likes wuarhat liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the DR laws regfarding possession and use of stun batons and stun guns? How anpout the importation for personal use.

We had an incident walking our sweet 3.5 month old Great Dane we don't want to go throiugh again: he was visciously attacked while we were out on a walk.
    PEPPER SPRAY?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea on actual laws.

Years back, i just stuck a hand-held taser thingy ( sort of a phone type-size thing that creates an electric ark between 2 prongs---- if u guys see what i am talking about ) in a box that i had sent over. The box was opened by customs ( the main purpose of the box was to send myself 12 bottles of champagne---- which i indicated on the inventory ), and they either missed it, or didnt care.

On another occasion i bought some stuff off sears ( ?) and got the stuff sent directly to me in the dr ( big mistake $ wise ), and one of the items was a combo flashlight/stun thingy. It arrived........ but worked for like a whole 2 days---- not surprising at 12 bucks.....lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast