WIFI TO PC

P

potus

Good day to All,

I will be moving soon to a residence that only has WIFI........I bought a laptop to be able to connect.
However, I am very comfortable with my PC and it has a lot of important files on it. My question is, is there a way to connect my PC to WIFI...? Is there any device that could be used?

Thank you in advance.

D

Don PISTOLAS

Good day to All,

I will be moving soon to a residence that only has WIFI........I bought a laptop to be able to connect.
However, I am very comfortable with my PC and it has a lot of important files on it. My question is, is there a way to connect my PC to WIFI...? Is there any device that could be used?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, you can buy a piece that plugs into the usb and catches the wifi signal. I forget the name of it.

J

jimmythegreek

Good day to All,

Thank you in advance.

You can also buy a paquetico unlimited sim card to your cell phone-Android and connect the cell phone to share the connection by USB with your Laptop to access high speed internet around 40MB/sec.

C

cobraboy

Good day to All,

Thank you in advance.
Your laptop does is not wifi-capable?

Is it a very old box?

B

Bred

To connect your desktop to wifi you can either use a USB dongle (wifi adaprter) as suggested earlier or use a wireless bridge, for example NanoStation M2 (use a cheaper "loco" model). It connects to wifi and converts in into ethernet cable which you plug into your PC ethernet port.

J

Jaime809

Good day to All,

Thank you in advance.

Copy your files to a USB drive. If they're that important, they should be backed up.

R

Riva_31

I think will be hard here to find a company that sells the USB wifi captable device, now comoanies only offer MIFI devices wich all divices connect to it via WIFI.

B

bigbird

No one finds it unusual that a recently purchased laptop did not come with an already installed wireless adapter?

J

Jaime809

Obviously, his - doesn't. No? Why would he asked this question then?

Simply an observation that there may be no need for a dongle on the back or front of the computer.

No (sic) exactly what he asked for.

Yes, however, it reduces the importance of getting the desktop PC onto the wifi network. The importance of the files is the driver for getting wifi. If the files are on an external device (more easily obtainable in-country) then ordering a wifi dongle and waiting for a week to get it is less time-critical.

Oh, and critical files should exist in more than 1 place anyway. Two benefits with one easily facilitated purchase.