Inflatable Dog Recovery Collar

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cobraboy

My 4-month-old Great Dane pup while on a walk got attacked by a dog who escaped his yard. My guy ended up with 12 stitches on a front leg in an easy lick zone.

He has a plastic recovery cone that is very uncomfortable.

When our cat was spayed she got an inflatable collar instead of a cone.

The only inflatable recovery collars I can find in the DR are small.

I need a large.

So by any chance does anyone have an inflatable recovery collar I could buy or borrow? I can get one online but it would take at least a week to get here, and my boy could use one now.

D

dv8

if it's not on a paw itself but higher on the leg you may consider a sweater, sort of. get cheap ass long sleeve that will fit him in a second hand store or a flea market and cut it up to fit the doggie without covering too much of the body itself (heat). apparently dressing up your pet instead of using a cone of shame is all the rage now.

C

cobraboy

if it's not on a paw itself but higher on the leg you may consider a sweater, sort of. get cheap ass long sleeve that will fit him in a second hand store or a flea market and cut it up to fit the doggie without covering too much of the body itself (heat). apparently dressing up your pet instead of using a cone of shame is all the rage now.
The vet wants the wound open. He gave him a sliver anti-fungal/anti-bacterial paste that sort of hardens somewhat and seals the wound. He wants the wound open.

The cone works, but is terribly uncomfortable...and freaks out the other three dogs.

With the cone he's like a cat with a bell: we know where he is because the cone constantly bumps into things.

K

KateP

What about a pool noodle cut up in smaller pieces with the collar looped in it? Haven't tried it on mine but saw it online...

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

C

chico bill

My 4-month-old Great Dane pup while on a walk got attacked by a dog who escaped his yard. My guy ended up with 12 stitches on a front leg in an easy lick zone.

He has a plastic recovery cone that is very uncomfortable.

When our cat was spayed she got an inflatable collar instead of a cone.

The only inflatable recovery collars I can find in the DR are small.

I need a large.

So by any chance does anyone have an inflatable recovery collar I could buy or borrow? I can get one online but it would take at least a week to get here, and my boy could use one now.

https://www.amazon.com/ProCollar-Pr...le+dog+collar&qid=1556036723&s=gateway&sr=8-6

How about a passola inner tube if you have a portable pump ?

W

william webster

They adjust to the cone
My Boxer puppy had one for 10 days
But it’s no fun

L

lifeisgreat

When my Ridgeback encountered barbed wire ..we used airplane pillow attached to collar for two weeks ...

C

cobraboy

A good friend found one at El Arco on Churchill in the capital, and will be sending to Jarabacoa later today! YAY!

C

cobraboy

What about a pool noodle cut up in smaller pieces with the collar looped in it? Haven't tried it on mine but saw it online...

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Very interesting. Our pool noodles are solid, so may take some extra planning. Maybe drill a big hole in the middle of the pieces and run a thick string through it.

C

cobraboy

A good friend found one at El Arco on Churchill in the capital, and will be sending to Jarabacoa later today! YAY!
Maddening!

Alida called the store.

My friend called the store.

We were both told they had what we need.

My friend got there to the store and they don't have one. THEY buy them on the internet. What a pile of crap!

So the search continues...

M

Matilda

They buy them online then you pick it up in their store. There are a bazilion available online...and take a week to arrive.

Think the pillow would survive? I suppose it could be closed with duct tape.

It had a closing thing is just like those on the website but puppy ate the closing thingy. Yes duct tape or sewing would do it.

Mat

C

chico bill

They buy them online then you pick it up in their store. There are a bazilion available online...and take a week to arrive.

Think the pillow would survive? I suppose it could be closed with duct tape.

Velcro ?

C

cobraboy

Thank you so much Matilda for playing your airline pillow forward. I will do the same.

@Chico: that's the plan. I'll have Mom CB sew some velcro on it. Should work well!

The Big Boy will be much more comfy during his healing period.

Thank you DR1! What a great Town Square!

D

Derfish

The vet wants the wound open. He gave him a sliver anti-fungal/anti-bacterial paste that sort of hardens somewhat and seals the wound. He wants the wound open.

The cone works, but is terribly uncomfortable...and freaks out the other three dogs.

With the cone he's like a cat with a bell: we know where he is because the cone constantly bumps into things.
When my dog was spayed she wore a cone for a couple of weeks. When it was removed she attacked it and ripped it to shreds!

C

cobraboy

Thank you, Matilda!

We got the travel pillow you sent, and with a couple of strips of duct tape made a McGyvered Doggie Recovery Collar that is much more comfortable for Neo than the plastic Cone of Shame.

4-month-old Neo is much happier!

WvUIQ7.jpg

Here is the wound he suffered 10 days ago. It looks much, much better now than after the attack:

x2Bz8C.jpg

Neo's first 30 seconds with the new collar. Fingers crossed he will only have to wear it another week it 10 days. It is much more confortable than the plastic cone. Has to be...

C

chico bill

Thank you, Matilda!

We got the travel pillow you sent, and with a couple of strips of duct tape made a McGyvered Doggie Recovery Collar that is much more comfortable for Neo than the plastic Cone of Shame.

4-month-old Neo is much happier!

WvUIQ7.jpg

Here is the wound he suffered 10 days ago. It looks much, much better now than after the attack:

x2Bz8C.jpg

Neo's first 30 seconds with the new collar. Fingers crossed he will only have to wear it another week it 10 days. It is much more confortable than the plastic cone. Has to be...

The bite missed the joint - He'll heal fine, maybe with no visible scar. When does you stun baton arrive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.